Cost Accountant - Level 1
Company: GIW INDUSTRIES, INC.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Duties and ResponsibilitiesSelf-performed:
- Assists in performing month-end closings:
- Prepare necessary journal entries relating to inventory/cost of
- Review and check for reasonableness in inventory
- Review valuation and quantities
- Data input for journal entries
- Audit of journal entries
- Prepares inventory reports utilized in evaluation and
- Investigates and revises transaction entries consistent with
generally-accepted accounting principles and protection of company
- Assists in compiling and calculating new cost center rates for
- Calculates and establishes new inventory standards for raw
materials to be used in inventory valuation and cost of goods
- Assists in providing financial input for capital expenditure
- Takes a lead role in annual physical inventory by supporting
operations ensuring that proper controls and cut-offs are followed.
Calculates and post inventory results with journal entries. Engages
with external auditor to review and audit procedures and
- Responsible for managing relevant costing information for
material creation process; includes supporting make/buy decisions
based on costing analysis and other sources.
- Correspond with other departments to ensure proper practices
are being followed.
- Works with sales, marketing, and operations to evaluate costs
- Acts as an advisor to implement new procedures to ensure that
efficient process are carried out in the most practical way.
- Perform special tasks, assignments, and ad-hoc projects as
requested or needed by management. Authority: Access to all
information needed to carry out assigned duties. To rec -ommend and
implement procedural changes in general accounting practice.
Knowledge and Experience (minimum required):Education: BA/BS in
Accounting, Finance, or business related field Proficient with
Microsoft Office applications; Excel in particular. SAP experience
is a plusExperience: 1-3 years in accounting field; costing and
inventory experience in manufacturing environment (preferred)Equal
Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets] Apply for Cost
Accountant - Level 1 position using the link below:GIW Industries,
Inc. (A KSB Company) is an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color,
sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected
characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This
policy applies to all employment practices within our organization,
including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and
apprenticeship. GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) makes hiring
decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs
at the time. PI182901671
Keywords: GIW INDUSTRIES, INC., Augusta , Cost Accountant - Level 1, Accounting, Auditing , Grovetown, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!