Tax Staff Accountant
Company: BJM Employer Inc
Posted on: January 26, 2023
BJM Group is a network of local accounting firms throughout Georgia
and Florida. We acquire firms with strong community presence,
stellar reputations and deep client relationships and then invest
in their future through technology, operations, training, staffing,
marketing, and other essential resources. While the local firms
under BJM may differ, we are one network and one team with a
unified mission of profitable growth and outstanding client
service: providing top-notch accounting, tax, auditing,
bookkeeping, and advisory services. Our Company is growing! And we
are looking for an experienced Tax Staff Accountant to join our
team at the MSA, Augusta, GA location! Read the description below
and apply today. To learn more about BJM Group, please visit
Why Should you work for BJM?
- We offer 100% Employer paid Health Insurance with dental &
- We match dollar for dollar up to 4% in 401k - Employee
contributions 100% vested from hire!
- We value work/life balance. Offering 10 paid holidays, 17 days
paid time off (PTO), comp time during off tax season (for
applicable Accountants) and some remote work opportunities!
- We pay for professional development, certifications and
- We reward stellar performance with opportunities to earn
- We are committed to providing a healthy and wholesome workplace
culture with a team environment that is both positive and
- We are a growing firm with lots of opportunities for career
advancement!Job Summary:The Tax Staff Accountant will assist in the
maintenance and preparation of various tax-related matters,
organize financial documents and ensure the successful
implementation of efficient and compliant accounting procedures.
Under the supervision of a CPA, you will prepare local, state and
federal level returns to be submitted within specified tax
deadlines. You will analyze tax laws to ensure all regulations are
met and assist with various accounting activities as assigned.
Job Title: Tax Staff Accountant Location: Mayo Strategic Advisors -
Augusta, GAClassification: Full Time-ExemptSalary: $50k -
$65k/annually (to commensurate with experience)
- None.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file individual and business tax returns with
federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Maintain tax records, tax returns, tax schedules, and related
- Research laws and find tax solutions to complicated tax issues
or errors from incorrect tax filings.
- Prepare clients accounting and review financial statements for
accuracy and legal compliance.
- Maintain and update accounting records and files.
- Enter accounting related information into appropriate
- Develop and maintain professional rapport with clients.
Communicate with clients on financial issues.
- Meet with clients to discuss confidential tax and accounting
- Conduct month-end and year-end closures and tax reports.
- Apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced proficiency in various accounting practice management
software. Including but not limited to: UltraTax, Fixed Assets,
Practice CS, Workpapers CS, Accounting CS and FileCabinet CS under
Thomson Reuters.Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of accounting experience
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
BJM Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the
principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to
providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination
and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business
needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without
regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status,
veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status,
genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with
Keywords: BJM Employer Inc, Augusta , Tax Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!