Company: GIW Industries
Posted on: May 28, 2023
GIW Industries CAD OPERATOR GIW INDUSTRIESJob Title: CAD
OperatorDepartment: EngineeringReports to: Engineering
ManagerLocation: GrovetownShift: 1STPurpose of Position:Collaborate
with other designers in a team setting to create 3D models and 2D
drawings, requiring knowledge and skill in drafting methods,
procedures, and techniques including GD&T.Duties and
- Works closely with design originators preparing 3D models and
2D drawings of parts and assemblies including the appropriate views
and sections from verbal instructions, models, or sketches using
conventional drafting standards including GD&T.
- Exercises independent judgment based on the designers intent
and independently resolves questions where needed information is
not readily available.
- Creates and maintains bills of materials.
- Assist other drafters and normal GIW design practices.
- Reviews drawings of other drafters.
- Assists plant personnel, sales, and vendors, with questions
concerning drawings as necessary.
- Works with Order Entry to transfer non-standard bills of
materials as necessary.
- Maintain work order log and files as necessary.
- Prepares markups for other drafters as necessary.
- Coordinates work of other drafters where needed. Education and
- Two to five years of experience in industries and related
- Experience should include complex parts modeling and drawings
as well as assemblies.
- Experience with casting and fabrication drawings is a
- Applicant should be proficient in the use of 3D Modeling and 2D
drafting software, or similar software.
- NX is preferred, however PTC-Creo, Sledworks, etc. are also
- Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a
specialized study at a business or trade school.
- Completion of Mechanical Engineering coursework is a plus, but
not required. Physical Requirements
- Primarily desk-type duty
- Be able to lift 25 pounds. GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company)
is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information,
pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by
federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all
employment practices within our organization, including hiring,
recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of
absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. GIW
Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) makes hiring decisions based
solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the ti
Keywords: GIW Industries, Augusta , CAD Operator, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Grovetown, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...