Burke County Middle Science Teacher
Company: Burke County Public Schools
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position Title: Burke County Middle School Science
Teacher-Regular Education Evaluation Instrument: TKES Division
Department: School Operations Pay Type: Salaried-Exempt Retirement:
TRSPay Grade: Certified Salary ScheduleContract Work Year: 190
DaysReports to: PrincipalMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSA valid Georgia
Educator Certificate in assigned teaching field as required by the
Georgia Professional Standards CommissionGOALProvide instruction;
encourage and assess student achievement and progress; and manage
the learning environment effectively.REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES &
- Demonstrate an understanding of the curriculum, subject
content, pedagogical knowledge and the needs of students by
providing relevant learning experiences.
- Exhibit best practice based on current research and facilitates
students' use of higher-level thinking skills in instruction.
- Plan, using State and local school district curricula and
standards, effective strategies, resources and data to address the
differentiate needs of all students.
- Analyze and use student learning data
to inform planning.
- Promote student learning by using research-based instructional
strategies relevant to the content area to engage students in
active learning and to promote key skills.
- Use appropriate instructional technology and a variety of
research-based instructional strategies and resources, effectively
to enhance student learning.
- Challenges and supports each student's learning by providing
appropriate content and developing skills which address individual
- Use a variety of diagnostic, formative and summative assessment
strategies and instruments that are valid and appropriate for the
content and student population to inform instructional
modifications for each student.
- Systematically gather, analyze and use relevant data to measure
student progress; to inform instructional content and delivery
methods; and to provide timely and constructive feedback to both
students and parents/guardians.
- Provide a well-managed, safe, supportive and orderly
environment that is conducive to learning; encourages respect for
all; and promotes an understanding of students' diversity.
- Establish clear expectations for classroom rules, routines and
procedures and enforce them consistently and appropriately.
- Implement appropriate school safety measures and crisis
emergency plans to create and sustain a secure and healthy learn
environment consistent with District and school rules, policies and
- Create a student-centered, academic environment in which
teaching and learning occur at high levels and students are
Exhibit a commitment to professional
ethics and the school's mission; participate in professional growth
opportunities and contribute to the profession.Compile, maintain
and submit all required reports accurately and in a timely
manner.Carry out duties in accordance with federal and state laws,
Code of Ethics for Educators in Georgia, and established State and
local School Board policies, regulations and practices.
- Possess and maintain valid and appropriate license, certificate
and/or credential as may be required for this position.
- Follow work scheduling and attendance requirements in a
regular, predictable and punctual manner.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents or guardians,
district and school personnel, and other stakeholders in ways that
enhance student learning.
- Collaborate with designated paraprofessionals and other school
and District personnel to ensure student progress.
- Engage in ongoing communication and share instructional goals,
expectations and student progress in a timely and constructive
manner, using a variety of modes of communication as
- Perform professionally and efficiently other duties and
responsibilities as assigned.
- Develop an interest in and the ability for creative expression
in visual terms, using skills of artistic expression.
- Plan vertically within the system to scaffold the curriculum
from K-5 and into 9-12. IMPORTANT NOTESESSENTIAL DUTIESJob
descriptions are designed and intended only to summarize the
essential duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and
requirements for the purpose of clarifying the general nature and
scope of a position's role as part of the overall organization.Job
descriptions do not list all tasks an employee might be expected to
perform, and they do not limit the right of the employer/supervisor
to assign additional tasks or otherwise to modify duties to be
performed even if seemingly unrelated to the basic job. Every
employee has a duty to perform all assigned tasks. (An employee who
is assigned a duty or task believed to be unlawful should report
the assignment to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources.)
It should also be noted the order of duties/ responsibilities as
listed in the job description is not designed or intended to rank
the duties in any order of importance relative to each
other.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSIn filling a vacant position, preferred
or required credentials regarding education, training, experience,
and other bona fide occupational qualifications may be established.
The credentials shown in this job description may be interpreted
only as the minimum criteria existing at the time the description
was developed. Other bona fide occupational qualifications and
criteria may be utilized as needed in the selection process.
Keywords: Burke County Public Schools, Augusta , Burke County Middle Science Teacher, Education / Teaching , Waynesboro, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!