Company: Eastman Kodak Company
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Kodak is currently looking for aField Engineerto service our
clients inGeorgia and North Carolina and South Carolina.
Kodak offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the
revitalization of an iconic global company. We combine the strength
of a brand that is recognized and beloved around the world with the
excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are stable,
profitable, optimistic about the future and looking for
professionals with energy, ideas and ambition to help us take next
steps in completing our transformation. We re building a culture
which values creativity in all its forms, having a global
perspective, a focus on sustainability, and the kind of trust that
enables us to succeed by taking calculated risks. Kodak has a rich
heritage of leadership and innovation, but is also, in many ways,
still inventing itself. At this stage of our comeback, Kodak is
truly a place where you can make a difference.
TheField Engineeris responsible for on-site installing, maintaining
and repairing company and multi-vendor systems which may include
hardware, software and networking products as well as operating
systems. Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on
preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product
performance. Effectively manages assigned territory, including
following up on service problem escalations or potential sales
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
TheField Engineeris responsible for installation and optimizing
Hardware/Software/Network products and configurations at customer
sites, as well as diagnosing and optimizing product performance.
Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive
maintenance, value of Equipment Maintenance Agreements, Support
Services, training and configurations that will improve product
* Responsible for overall territory management including related
administration pertaining to customer calls, timely completion of
service reports, expense reports and weekly time reports, as well
as the tracking of preventative maintenance and upgrade
requirements for assigned customers.
* Performs necessary servicing and preventative maintenance of
* System installation of equipment.
* Provides operator training and ongoing support for customers.
* Ability to delight customers by developing strong relationships
and striving to exceed customer expectations.
* Acts as customer liaison and help drive customer issues to
* Drives revenue growth initiatives as assigned by management.
* Builds and fosters strong relationships with sales partners.
* Educates customers on the latest corporate initiatives and
* Maintains company assets in accordance with company
* Consistently meets all performance goals.
* Presents and maintains a professional image at all times.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
* A working knowledge of PC operating systems and software
applications and a basic understanding of networking
* Demonstrated ability to diagnose, repair and solve
* Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
* Knowledge and application of electronics and strong
* Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
* Makes sound business decisions and manages/controls personal
* Ability to market service and promote new business
* Effective use of business tools.
* Capable of working independently without direct supervision.
* Readiness to accept, and adapt quickly to change.
* Excellent communication and listening skills.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills including courtesy, tact and
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* High degree of self-motivation.
* Planning, organizational and administrative abilities.
* Motivated to continuous self-improvement.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
* Exhibits Kodak Core Values.
Education and Experience
A+ Certification or equivalent experience servicing PC hardware and
Associate s Degree, or Certification in electrical or mechanical
engineering, technical trade school studies or equivalent
Previous experience servicing similar equipment
Previous experience managing a territory
Experience in the Graphic Arts industry would be an asset.
Knowledge of Electro-photography / Digital Printing.
Basic understanding of Color Theory.
Solid understanding of electro-mechanical devices and complex
electro-optic and robotic high-tech equipment.
The environment in which the FE services may be a high
availability/mission critical account where system outages may
occur. The individual proactively responds to potential equipment
issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers business.
The FE may be required to provide standby, after hours support or
work different shifts based on company need. This may include
nights, weekends and holidays. The individual may also be required
to take calls outside of their assigned territory or District.
Must be willing to travel (possibly internationally) for short and
long term assignments, as required.
Must have and maintain a valid driver s license.
Ability to obtain security clearance as required by customers (ex.
ability to be bonded in Canada)
Kodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color,
religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital
status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status,
national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other
Federal or State legally protected classes. Read
Keywords: Eastman Kodak Company, Augusta , Field Engineer, Engineering , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!