Posted on: January 12, 2022
Network subject matter expert who helps define the scope of
projects and can lead the design, implementation and support of
complex, enterprise-wide network solutions including: network
infrastructure, related applications, and 2,000+ global end point
* Provides technical design, development, implementation and
support for network engineering projects and operational functions
in order to meet Paychex business requirements on time and in a
* Collaborates with project and functional management to define the
scope and general direction of specific projects and ensures that
all appropriate individuals share a consistent understanding of the
development work and progress.
* Knows how network engineering enterprise applications and
infrastructure support Paychex business processes, understands the
scope of the network engineering service catalog and can escalate
service requests both internally and with external vendors to meet
SLAs. Acts as a secondary resource with vendors and Paychex
management to escalate and communicate incidents and
* Reviews network engineering activities (e.g. system backups are
scheduled, executed and audited) to ensure that all required SLAs
* Participates in the identification, creation, review and approval
of standards to support new technology and business models. Reviews
and approves exceptions to documented standards.
* Serves as a subject matter expert and mentors less senior
analysts and engineers on network engineering infrastructure,
processes and procedures. Ensures that appropriate training is
developed and conducted to facilitate the transfer of
* Conducts regular audits of the network to ensure compliance to
* Reviews network engineering documents (e.g. technical designs,
unit tests, etc.) produced by engineers and analysts to ensure that
project scope is adequately covered.
* Ensures that all design documents are up-to-date and available in
the document repository.
* Facilitates the audit and recurring update of network engineering
and other standards to ensure the ongoing quality of network
engineering projects and the overall health of the network
* Bachelor's Degree in Science in Information Technology or a
related discipline - Preferred
* 7 years of experience in Building and supporting enterprise
* Must be experienced with MPLS, BGP, OSPF and large L2/L3
switching environments. Must have troubleshooting experience in an
MPLS, WAN, LAN and Wi-Fi environments. Experience with various
storage platforms such as SAN and NAS is a plus.
* Experience with F5 load balancing a must!
* Experience with LTM, GTM and BigIP required.
* Experience with APM, AVR, WAF highly desired.
* Experience with F5 Ansible Modules, iControl, and AS3
* Experience with TCPDump and Wireshark to analyze and troubleshoot
application level issues.
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional
Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and
commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external
success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is
exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee
development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness
in recruitment, selection, and decision making.
Click here for more information on our corporate social
Keywords: Paychex, Augusta , Network Engineer, Engineering , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!