Process Engineering Manager
Company: Prysmian Group
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Position SummaryThe Engineering Manager is responsible for
planning and directing the activities of the Engineering group for
the purpose of improvement of productivity, quality, capacity
expansion, and for the production of new products and new materials
through the development and application of new manufacturing
Team Overview and Job Responsibilities
- Develop, design, and maintain products able to be produced with
the equipment on hand.
- Assure the specifications of the materials to produce the
highest quality at the lowest price.
- Utilize project management techniques to accurately forecast,
manage, and coordinate project budget schedules.
- Capital Plan - $5-7MM annual target - Prepare and update
annually the capital strategic plan for development and
- new technologies consistent with the Business Strategy.
- Productivity Improvements - Reduce costs of finished product
while increasing productivity.
- Work with managers to make quality decisions and develop a
- Develop, design, and maintain production processes that are
- Direct Supervision of the Engineering group.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 7-10 years of process improvement management.
- Proven success in project management.
- Technical training at various levels of the organization.
- Excellent team and leadership skills - as team member, trainer
- Results driven individual who has demonstrated ability creating
and working in a high performance manufacturing environment.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to manage the bigger
picture and have a "make the numbers, . . . " mentality.
- Effectively manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with
pressure on a day in and day out basis.
- Ability to motivate, communicate and drive continuous
improvement through quality.
- Critical thinker with excellent analytic abilities.
- Good understanding of business principles and practices and
ability to create financial solutions with a bottom-line
- Solid planning, budgeting, and administrative skills.
- High energy demonstrates urgency and fast pace.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or MBA.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- 70% of time will be spent walking and standing on concrete
production floor, along with use of stairs.
- Also exposed to hot, humid conditions 70% of the time.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract
and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and
abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute
to the Group's success. Prysmian Group is committed to the
development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where
people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their
human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity
drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of
the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market
opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and
shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of
equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a
focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their
efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job
requirements. Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR
Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are
respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and
stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for
the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the
organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off
our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, military service and
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
Your application data will be treated according to our Data
Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to
complete this form or to participate in an interview, please
contact us at .
Keywords: Prysmian Group, Augusta , Process Engineering Manager, Engineering , Abbeville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!