Water/Wastewater Project Engineer
Company: Goodwyn Mills Cawood, LLC
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Demonstrates knowledge of the firm's values and standards for
project delivery and client management. -
- Demonstrates the skills required for effective team
contributions to the firm's success.
- Current water/wastewater experience of 24 - 48 months after
- Currently holds Engineering Licensure or is actively working on
Engineering Licensure. -
- Builds on technical foundations of water/wastewater project
design, including treatment plants, intakes, pipelines and
pump/lift stations, with expectation to make significant
contributions to the team efforts for the benefit of the client.
- Prepare reports, plans, construction schedules, and studies as
- Provide technical design for water/wastewater treatment
projects and technical support to the design team to ensure
efficiency, quality, and performance to fulfill project
- Deliver engineering calculations, project coordination, write
engineering specifications, establish appropriate design methods,
report preparation and coordination, equipment sizing and selection
while working directly with clients.
- Ability to apply technical skills to routine water/wastewater
projects with minimal supervision.
- Can direct technicians for production of engineering documents
for routine water/wastewater projects accurately and
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, Microsoft Suite, and
other design software.
- Visit construction sites to observe progress and to determine
general conformance to engineering plans and specifications.
- Executes cross discipline checks and coordination.
- Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality
- Recognizes and reports risk management issues to Project
Engineer as appropriate. PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- CLIENT AND CUSTOMER FOCUS
- Assist in learning the needs of assigned clients. -
- Drive satisfaction of clients through quality work and on-time
/ on-budget delivery.
- Understand the profession's ethical obligation to Client and
the public welfare.
- Assist with reviewing and defining scope of work issues with
Consultants and Contractors.
- Provide planning and design services for water/wastewater
- TEAM ORIENTATION
- Work across disciplines and office locations to fully utilize
firm experiential knowledge.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to provide studies and
- Assist others with technical mentoring.
- Recognize the role as a team player.
- COMPANY PERSPECTIVE
- Represent the firm in all aspects of projects and assignments
to prospective employees, clients, and the communities we
- Reinforce GMC standards and Core Values to others.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from Clients or
- Prepare reports and technical memorandums with oversight and
supervision by the Engineer-of-Record.
- Ability to effectively present information in oral and written
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- May direct or coordinate the work of technicians and others who
assist in specific assignments.
- Continually participate in Individual Development planning and
- Provides input to improving project delivery processes and
- Coordinate with leadership on staffing and workload through
entire project development to complete documents on schedule.
- Contributes to Client Services team. -
- Actively participate in local professional society.
- Participate in community service activities and understand
implications of involvement. QUALIFICATIONS -
- Minimum of 2 years of post-graduation professional experience
with municipal or industrial water/wastewater systems
- Working knowledge of technical specifications
- Modeling software
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Civil or Environmental
- LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
- Foundations of Engineering Certificate or Professional Engineer
- FIELD (20%) AND OFFICE (80%)
- This position requires work to be performed in an office
environment and in the field. Work done in the field may consist of
exposure to various types of weather and temperatures. Engineers
may also be exposed to pollutants, chemicals, insects, and possibly
water-borne pathogens, Employees are required to wear appropriate
protective clothing and gear when performing fieldwork. TRAVEL
- Engineers will be expected to travel to various work sites to
perform fieldwork. Company cars and/or rental vehicles shall be
utilized to travel between work sites.
Keywords: Goodwyn Mills Cawood, LLC, Augusta , Water/Wastewater Project Engineer, Engineering , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...