Automotive General Manager Ford Experience
Company: Southern Automotive Group
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionLarge Automotive Dealership seeking a General
Manager / Store Operator.Relocation assistance is available for the
right candidateThis is a six-figure + potential positionFord
Experience a PlusThe automotive dealership operator ensures the
profitability of the dealership by overseeing the various
departments which include variable operations (sales & financing),
fixed operations (service & parts), and the business office
(accounting & administration). Duties include, but certainly not
limited to, planning, motivating and coordinating the dealership's
management through leadership and solid business practices.Job
- Hiring all management positions, completing performance
evaluations regularly and developing short and long-term goals for
each department manager (includes administrative, sales, parts,
collision and service departments).
- Planning and developing short and long-term goals and
objectives annually, and submitting time projections to corporate
management for approval.
- Effectively communicating with the comptroller/office manager
on a weekly basis to review departmental forecasts and ensure
consistency with annual projections.
- Paying close attention to daily operations, recommending and
creating improved courses of action where necessary.
- Explaining the policies and procedures of the dealership to all
employees and following up with employees to ensure that these
issues are understood and followed.
- Overseeing the monthly financial statement to ensure it is
complete, accurate and submitted on time to the
- Coordinating with the business/administrative office to ensure
that records and analyses are correctly maintained.
- Creating a good working relationship with lending institutions
and manufacturer personnel and maintaining these
- Coordinating regular meetings with the managers of each
department to ensure their profitability and efficiency.
- Overseeing the hiring and training of all department
- Maintaining an enthusiastic attitude to build positive employee
attitudes and morale.
- Overseeing and maintaining compensation plans for all
- Providing dealership management with weekly reports on the
financial condition of the dealership.
- Creating cost-effective advertising programs and merchandising
strategies for the dealership.
- Focusing on any customer complaints that department managers
are unable to rectify and taking the necessary steps to resolve
these complaints.Job Requirements
- Dealership Operators must have multiple years experience in
Sales, Service, and F&I. Experience in other dealership
departments is a plus.
- They must have strong leadership and organizational skills, and
the ability to understand profit and loss statements and manage a
large, diverse staff.
- must possess strong communication skills to deal with
customers, employees and vendors.
- Managers are required to stay abreast of the federal, state,
and local regulations affecting their operations and comply with
them, including hazardous waste disposal and OSHA Right-to-Know
regulations. Also they must provide the necessary training on
regulations and ethical practices.
Keywords: Southern Automotive Group, Augusta , Automotive General Manager Ford Experience, Executive , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!