Assistant Project Manager
Company: B.L. Harbert International
Posted on: November 27, 2022
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting their
assigned Project Manager in the planning, management direction,
project completion, client satisfaction, and financial outcome of
assigned construction projects. The ideal candidate will be
required to assist their assigned Project Manager in coordinating
all contractual requirements, design drawings, and project
specifications.Leadership and Supervisory:
- Implements programs (Safety, Scheduling, and Monitoring) to
comply with legal, regulatory and standards of construction
- Works with PM and Site Superintendent to manage projects,
subcontractors, suppliers, and building officials to meet
construction deadlines, architectural requirements, building codes
and owner tenants/expectations.
- Is an effective communicator, good at planning and organizing
and has technical and professional knowledge.
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate professional and
sub-professional construction management work; interpret and apply
related laws, ordinances, codes, rules, regulations, and policies;
motivate employees to achieve goals and objectives; manage several
diverse projects simultaneously; effectively resolve complaints and
issues.Qualifications and Experience:
- 2 to 3 years' experience in construction management, buildings
and infrastructure. Bachelor's degree in Construction Management,
engineering, or comparable degree required.
- Prior experience at the Assistant Project Manager level or
above, managing project budgets, design/build and other
construction work activities.
- Knowledge of state and local politics and permitting
- High drive to succeed coupled with excellent organizational,
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be open to relocation.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices, procedures,
design, and materials; architectural and engineering principles and
practices related to projects including planning and development,
design and construction, operation and maintenance, programming;
techniques for project management as it applies to projects
including reviewing design documents, plans, specifications,
estimates, schedules and reports.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Distribute, track and maintain plans and specs.
- Will be maintaining and updating the Submittal Register.
- Organize and check subcontractor Pay Apps for content and
- Generate weekly subcontractor coordination meeting
- Coordinate subcontractor and BLHI material deliveries.
- Generate subcontractor and supplier change orders and update
quantity reports weekly.Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Blue Cross health and dental group insurance benefits.
- Company-provided Life, AD&D, and Long-term Disability (LTD)
- Company paid vacation and holidays.
- Relocation (if necessary).
- Monthly living allowance (if applicable). Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: B.L. Harbert International, Augusta , Assistant Project Manager, Executive , Aiken, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!