Company: Icahn Automotive Group
Posted on: November 27, 2022
External DescriptionOverviewPep Boys is driven by its customer
promise, "We go further to help you go farther." Founded 100 years
ago by military veterans, generations of drivers have counted on
Pep Boys ASE-certified Pros to service their vehicles. With a
national network of nearly 1,000 locations in 35 states and Puerto
Rico, and 27 distribution centers, Pep Boys employs more than 8,000
people. Over 7 million vehicles pass through Pep Boys bays each
year, and our commitment to being the ONE our communities count on
is demonstrated through our exceptional customer experience and
support of the critical technical training initiatives needed to
close America's skills gap. For more information, visit
www.pepboys.comPosition SummaryResponsible for achieving expected
sales goals across the service labor, parts, and fleet business and
providing superior customer service through in-store execution of
programs, initiatives and standards. The position is directly
responsible for maintaining adequate shop productivity. The Store
Manager will recruit, hire, develop, and provide inspirational
leadership and direction to the service selling and back shop
teams. An individual in this position will be expected to perform
additional related job responsibilities as needed and assigned.
This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive
- Maintain responsibility for the overall direction,
coordination, and evaluation of direct and indirect reports in
compliance with policies, procedures, loss prevention, safety, and
environmental codes, and laws.
- Direct, instruct, and manage a team of associates, including
assigning, supervising, and appraising work; rewarding, motivating,
counseling and disciplining associates; addressing associate
complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for productivity, profitability, work environment,
relationships, visual presentation standards, and operational
compliance of the store; measured through various reporting tools,
associates observations and Area Director feedback.
- Train and coach service selling associates on "Customer Care
Process", Courtesy Vehicle Inspections (CVIs), and general
operation of store systems.
- Keep store staffing and talent at optimal levels to ensure
operating efficiency and top service levels. Source key shop
(technician) and selling positions regularly in order to have
talent readily available for increased staffing and customer needs.
Partners as appropriate to interview, hire, demote, and promote
external and internal candidates.
- Monitor the shop productivity, workflow, and procedures with an
emphasis on efficiency, thoroughness, and safety. Largely
responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the back shop,
such as ensuring that the service staff complete CVIs and proper
- Ensure the execution of customer service standards and customer
satisfaction programs, and ensure the equitable resolution of
customer complaints. Follow all policies and procedures related to
cash, credit, check, refund and return policies.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to all point of sale
(POS) transactions, inventory integrity, reverse logistics and
purchase for re-sale parts (OP) procurement and vendor payment
- Partner with the Fleet business team to maintain and build
Fleet service customer relationships.
- Advise associates, technicians, and customers on tires, parts
and service programs.
- Effectively communicates with all store associates, managers,
- Key holder and responsible for basic and detailed opening and
- Other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of experience in automotive service environment.
- Completion of a two-year college, technical program, or one to
three (1-3) years of service industry experience and a minimum of
one (1) year supervisory experience.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical
concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division,
percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas
to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Acted as a work lead or supervisor previously.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Comfortable utilizing up-sell techniques.
- Strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends.Physical
Demands/Work EnvironmentThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.The characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job.Physical
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including
squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive
date and multi-task so that deadlines can be met.
- High organized and able to prioritize and manage time
efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced,
Keywords: Icahn Automotive Group, Augusta , Store Manager, Executive , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!