Assistant Manager (723)
Company: Sprint Food Stores
Posted on: November 27, 2022
*Position Summary: BONUS INCENTIVE CAN EARN UP TO $2.00 MORE PER
Responsible for assisting the Store Manager in managing and
directing the efficient operation of assigned store to maximize
sales and profitability. Perform the duties of the Store Manager in
*Essential Job Functions: *
- Assist the Store Manager in recruiting, selecting, and managing a
team of sales oriented associates who perform at levels consistent
with our corporate objectives.
- Serve as a role model and coach all associates adequately. Ensure
training emphasizing correct POS procedures, exceptional customer
service, and plus selling.
- Support, uphold, and enforce all Company policies, and local,
state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Supervise all employees in the Store Manager's absence in a fair,
consistent, impartial way, and in accordance with all EEOC
- Assist in the management of labor and scheduling to minimize
labor expenses, while ensuring adequate store staffing in
accordance with the Labor Scheduling Program.
- Assist the Store Manager to achieve sales goals as identified in
the business plan and maximize the store's profitability.
- Recognize the cause of shrink and works effectively to control
losses and helps to increase profits.
- Prepare and deliver the bank deposit according to Company policy
and submits all accounting records in a timely manner in the
absence of the Store Manager.
- Assist in ordering merchandise and supplies to maintain
appropriate inventory levels and maximize sales without merchandise
out of stocks. Correctly verify the delivery of all merchandise and
insure that all employees do the same.
- Knowledgeable of and assists with the implementation of corporate
merchandising policies, procedures, and programs. Ensure that the
correct pricing is maintained and that all merchandise is in-code
- Maintains high standards of store image ensuring that the store
is clean, well-stocked, and ready for business. Strive to increase
sales through suggestive selling skills/techniques and to
consistently improve customer service.
- Is responsible for helping to build an environment of teamwork
between all Store Associates, Supervisors, and vendors.
- Ensure information flows to all Store Associates and advises
management of significant events affecting the store.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their
duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position
with or without reasonable accommodation.
*Minimum Position Qualifications: *
- 2-3 years experience working in a retail setting and/or has
successfully completed the training program for Store Assistant
- Ability to travel independently.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel,
crouch, crawl, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35
- Must correctly demonstrate all Store Associate duties and be able
to efficiently manage all store activities in the absence of the
- Most stores are open seven days a week and 24 hours per day. The
Assistant Manager is scheduled to work various shifts, including
weekends and holidays, as required to ensure the store is
adequately staffed. Must be available to work overtime as
- Must have reliable source of transportation and the ability to be
reached 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
*Desired Previous Job Experience*
- 2 years retail management experience or 2 years non-retail
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 2 years
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Sprint Food Stores, Augusta , Assistant Manager (723), Executive , Aiken, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!