Outpatient Clinic Manager - Dialysis
Company: Fresenius Medical Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
POSITION FEATURES:MUST BE AN REGISTERED NURSE - RN WITH DIALYSIS
EXPERIENCE!LOCATIONS: Hephzibah Clinic & Thomson ClinicAbout this
role: As a Clinical Manager with Fresenius Medical Care, you will
ensure that quality patient care is delivered while maintaining
clinical operations. As the facility leader, you will be part of a
close-knit, collaborative team responsible for delivering unique
care plans and providing dialysis treatment to patients facing end
stage renal disease or chronic kidney disease.Training and
advancement: You will enter our Clinical Leadership Program that
creates and supports a culture of continuous learning for our
managers. The curriculum will cover onboarding, essential
functions, leading your business, and advanced leadership. As a
Clinical Manager, you may advance your career into an Area Team
Lead or Director of Operations role.Our culture: We believe our
employees are our most important asset we value, care about, and
support our people. We are there when you may need us most, from
tuition reimbursement to support your education goals, granting
scholarships to family members, delivering relief when natural
disasters strike, or providing financial support when personal
hardship hits, we take care of our people.Our focus on diversity:
We have built a nurturing environment that welcomes every age,
race, gender, sexual orientation, background, and cultural
tradition. We have a diverse range of employee resource groups
(ERGs) to encourage employees with similar interests, goals, social
and cultural backgrounds, or experiences to come together for
professional and personal development, discussion, activities, and
peer support. Our diverse workforce and culture encourage
opportunity, equity, and inclusion for all, which is a tremendous
asset that sets us apart.At Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly
make a difference in the lives of people living with kidney
disease. If this sounds like the career and company you have been
looking for, and you want to be a vital part of the future of
healthcare, apply today.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIESCLINIC
- Manages the operations of the clinic, including costs,
processes, staffing, and quality standards.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and development plans for all
- Partners with internal Human Resources, Quality, and Technical
- Collaborates with or functions as the Home Therapies Program
Manager to oversee the facilitys Home Therapies Program.
- Maintains integrity of medical and operations records and
complies with all data collections and auditing activities.
- Accountable for completion of the Annual Standing Order Review
and Internal Classification of Disease (ICD) coding.
- Manages clinic financials including efficient utilization of
supplies or equipment and regular profits and loss review.
- Responsible for all required network reporting and on-site
state or federal surveys.PATIENT CARE:
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate
staff members, from admission through discharge of the
- Ensure education of the patient regarding quality measures,
transplant options, modality awareness, and access care.
- Acts as a resource for the patient and family to address
concerns and questions.
- Accountable for timely completion of patient care assessments
and care plans.
- Manages timely patient schedules to ensure facility efficiency
and develops action plans for missed treatments.
- Plans, coordinates, and validates patient eligibility for
- Reports changes in patient status regarding any clinical,
insurance, or travel and transportation issues.STAFF:
- Participates in the selection and hiring of new team members
and ensures completion of new hiring orientation and mandatory
- Responsible for all patient care employees completing
appropriate training courses and that licensures/certifications are
- Provides support for all clinical staff members at regular
intervals and encourages professional growth.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding company benefits,
policies, procedures, and processes.
- Completes employee evaluations and establishes annual
- Documents any disciplinary actions and confers with the clinic
Director of Operations and Human Resources when needed.
- Manages staff scheduling and payroll.PHYSICIANS:
- Facilitates the application process for physician privileges
and compliance with Fresenius Medical Care Medical Staff
- Responsible for strong physician relationships and ensures
regular and effective communication.
- Participates in Governing Body, an interdisciplinary team for
each region including MSWs, Dietitians, MDs, DOs etc. that governs
policies.EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (RN).
- Current appropriate state licensure.EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 6+ years business operations experience in a healthcare
- 12 months experience in clinical nursing.
- 6 months chronic or acute dialysis nursing experience.
- Successfully pass the Ishihara Color Blind Test.
- Preferred but not required:
- 3+ years supervisory or project/program management
- Med/surg or ICU/CCU experience.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
- Day-to-day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff, and physicians
- Position may require travel between assigned facilities and
various locations within the community and/or travel to regional,
business unit, and corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a healthcare facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting, moving of patients, and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Center, Augusta , Outpatient Clinic Manager - Dialysis, Executive , Hephzibah, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!