Medical Assistant (MA), Greenwood, SC
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Provides general nursing care to patients in outpatient clinic
setting by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist front office as necessary greeting and registering
patients, obtaining/scanning required signed paperwork, copies of
insurance and identification cards, verifying insurance and
collecting/recording payments accurately.
- Ensure returning patients' demographics and insurance are
correct and HIPAA acknowledgement has been signed within the past
- Follow company procedures related to workers' compensation and
occupational medicine patients
- Answer phone calls in a professional manner within three
- Respond promptly to customer needs, provide excellent customer
service, assist patients as necessary. Maintain awareness of
comfort and needs of the patient.
- Take temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs
to detect deviations from normal. Enter into EMR accurately.
- Document nursing history and physical assessment of
- Ensure patient flow is timely and organized, prioritizing
- Explain prescribed procedures and treatments to patients.
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment and
examination of patient.
- Draw blood from patient's finger, ear lobe, or vein, observing
principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
- Collect specimen from the patient utilizing the approved
equipment, sequence and procedure.
- Perform laboratory tests according to written
- Ensure all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing techniques.
- Ensure patient immunizations are appropriate, well documented
and administered using approved nursing techniques.
- Observe patient, record significant conditions and reactions,
and notify supervisor or physician of patient's condition and
reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Discharge patients accurately and timely by collecting
balances, providing patient documentation, and following discharge
- Properly start lab equipment daily; Perform maintenance on
equipment as scheduled.
- Maintain daily log; document all requests and results of lab
- Perform daily quality control and cleaning procedures according
- Order and stock supplies weekly.
- Respond to all lab messages and call back requests; share
responsibility of call back sheets.
- Respond to all patient messages; documenting conversations in
electronic medical records system.
- Utilize lab software (interface queue), as well as any lab
equipment according to the proper procedure and instruction.
- Respond to life saving situations based upon nursing standards,
policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Maintain BLS certification.
- Ensure patient health information is protected according to
HIPAA guidelines. Complete annual HIPAA training as required.
- Perform all drug screening/breath alcohol testing procedures in
accordance with established rules and regulations.
- Conduct physician referrals as well as service
pre-certifications on an as needed basis.
- Prepare rooms; sterilize instruments, equipment, and supplies
- Ensure work area is neat and clean, fully stocked and all
laundry items have been laundered and put away.
- Manage difficult and emotional customer situations.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and
pleasant work environment.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Regular attendance/timeliness to ensure efficient clinic
- Treat people with respect, inspire trust of others, work with
integrity, uphold organizational values.
- Adapt to change in work environment, manage competing
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or
technical school; or six months to one year related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand and frequently required to walk. The employee is
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Salary range $15-$19 per hour
Full time employees are provided: (once eligibility is met)
- PTO options up to 80-120 hours per year
- Paid Holiday for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Supplemental option for Life, Accident, & Cancer
- Retirement plans
Keywords: Fresha, Augusta , Medical Assistant (MA), Greenwood, SC, Healthcare , Greenwood, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!