Posted on: March 18, 2023
Why Wellpath:Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about
taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners.
We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and
healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical
environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an
autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education,
training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is
meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role:Our Physician is one who provides a full range of
medical services for patients. Provides required documentation of
services to the Site Medical Director or designee in order to
monitor provision of clinical services. Notifies the Medical
Director and H.S.A. regarding changes in schedule coverage. Assists
in arrangements for coverage of medical services if unavailable for
an extended period of time.What you bring to the
- Medical school graduateExperience:
- Experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal
Medicine or Public Health preferred (Board
- Current licensure as a Physician within the state
- Current CPR Certification
- Current DEA numberWhat you will do:
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine
- Conducts on-site sick call and chronic care clinics, as
established by Medical Director.
- Review and countersigns therapeutic orders and corresponding
progress notes of patients seen by the P.A./ARNP, if applicable,
ensuring they are appropriate and effective.
- Visits the infirmary daily when on-site and records encounters
in the patient's progress notes, as applicable.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem
oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed
- Responds to a code or health emergency within standard
- Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within
one business day, if possible.
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens
before utilizing non-formulary procedures.
- Makes pertinent observations and draws logical conclusions,
which validate need for non-formulary drug, which is recorded on
non-formulary form and submitted to the Medical Director for
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or
resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site
referral, if possible.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately
in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
and related drug therapy.
- Supports standards of medical care through adherence to
existing policies and procedures for: admission to the infirmary
(when available), transfer to emergency room and utilization review
process for specialty consultant referrals.
- Supervises care given by other professional or non-professional
personnel providing instructions as needed.
- Reports any doubts or questions regarding the lack of
appropriate referrals, nursing or medical intervention necessary
for the realization of established patient goals to the Medical
Director for disposition.
- Utilizes Universal or Standard Precautions at all times.
- Prescribes a planned regimen of total patient care, which is
adequate, problem-oriented and appropriate to the needs of the
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patients'
rights to privacy in accordance with accepted confidentiality
practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Provides input into facility mandatory committees such as
P&T and Medical Audit Committee as requested by DON and
- Must maintain privileges as a member of the The Company Medical
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability EmployerOur investment in
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/
Keywords: Wellpath, Augusta , Physician, Healthcare , Grovetown, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...