Front Desk/Medical Assistant
Company: Augusta Medical Care
Posted on: May 25, 2023
_Augusta Medical Care, LLC_
Medical Assistant Job Responsibilities:
Medical Assistants help patients by providing information, services, and assistance. Other duties include securing medical records; maintaining medical supplies inventory; performing preventive maintenance to keep equipment operating;
Medical Assistant Job Duties:
* Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
* Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
* Saves ophthalmologist's time by helping with office procedures such as laser surgeries, tear duct probes.
* Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
* Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders and questions about surgery.
* Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
* Serves and protects the ophthalmogy practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
* Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* \*Must be able to Type- Dictations done per MD/FNP\*
Medical Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Supply Management, Verbal Communication, Infection Control, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Organization, Scheduling, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Confidentiality, Bedside Manner, Medical Teamwork
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $14.00 per hour
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
We are screening all patients at the door and doing temperature checks. We are providing staff with PPE. Mandatory mask requirement.
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
* BLS Certification (Preferred)
* Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
_Augusta Medical Care, LLC_
Keywords: Augusta Medical Care, Augusta , Front Desk/Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Augusta, Georgia
here to apply!