Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
The Hemodialysis RN is responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care to inpatients in need of
- Supervising care, treatment and services of patient care provided
by LPNs, RNTs/CNAs, and other staff on assigned unit and shift
- Assessing and reassessing of patients
- Communicating appropriate information with the interdisciplinary
- Reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to supervisor
and/or physician in a timely manner
- Creating a plan of care that is individualize to patient needs
and is reflective of patient goals
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations
- CPR certification
- ACLS within 1 year of hire
- CRRN certification preferred
- Six months dialysis nursing experience required
- One year of experience in inpatient hospital setting
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone,
copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and
- Tablo dialysis machine
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing
a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and
the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable
assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling
are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for
patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English,
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness,
time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and
maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is
respectful and accepting of diversity.
Keywords: Encompass Health, Augusta , Dialysis RN, Healthcare , Barnwell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!