Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Halcyon Rehabilitation
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Tracking Code Patewood - SLP - Full Time Job DescriptionHalcyon Rehabilitation is looking for a Full time Speech Language Pathologist (CCC) at Patewood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center. Speech-Language Pathology Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Master's Degree. Certification of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, unless working under a provisional license. Patewood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center 2 Griffith Road Greenville, SC 29607 We have a 120 bed SNF with an attractive rehab gym. Our rehab gym is nicely equipped, including ACP, to offer a comprehensive modality package that serves to enhance the treatment and intervention experience for our residents. In addition, we utilize Casamba software into our therapy documentation and therapy management, which offers efficient and user friendly clinical documentation. Greenville is situated in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Greenville has transformed from a blip on the national map to a bustling metropolis. The former textile powerhouse now has an influx of manufacturing jobs to thank for its growth, with companies like GE and Michelin moving in and infusing the town with new energy. The reinvigorated downtown serves as the focal point of the region, attracting new business, hosting an emerging culinary scene and housing what some call the crown jewel of Greenville: Falls Park on the Reedy. Greenville encompasses big-city amenities without attracting the same unpleasantries that come with a more populated, urban metro area. The 10-block stretch of Main Street is lined with a variety of boutiques, restaurants, businesses and bars. A low cost of living and mild temperatures year-round make Greenville desirable to many. Plus, being located steps away from the mountains without giving up any of the offerings of a developed region, makes it easy to enjoy what nature has to offer. This Speech Language Pathologist position is Full Time with Full Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Generous Paid Time Off, Continuing Education and Licensure Reimbursement, Short and Long Term Disability etc---) Thank you for your interest in Halcyon Rehab. Tami Lynn McCoy Recruitment Specialist - Office - Fax
Halcyon Rehab Is A Therapy Provider That Cares--- At Halcyon, our approach to healthcare services emphasizes teamwork and personal involvement to create a compassionate, caring environment for our resident's. We do more than just meet their physical needs - we are committed to helping our residents live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives through social interaction and enriching environments that promote independence. Full-time Benefits include: --- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Life Insurance - 100% company paid
- Supplemental Life - optional
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Home and Auto Insurance - discount through MetLife
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Continuing Education Reimbursement up to $750 per year
- Vacation & Holiday pay for full-time & part-time employees Reasons to Consider: --- Flexible Work Schedule
- Very Competitive Pay
- Work Life Balance
- Outstanding Benefits
- Generous PTO
- Education & Training
- Privately Owned Company
- Rehab Company started by a Therapist
- Nationwide Presence With Plan for Continued Growth
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Clinical Team that provides continued training and mentorship
- Free In-house CEU Events For All Employees POSITION SUMMARY The staff Speech-Language Pathologist evaluates and treats patients/residents, communicates with families, physicians, and other health professionals and maintains documentation of services in the medical record. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS 1. Performs evaluations of patients/residents based upon the physician referral.
- Develops effective treatment plans and obtains approval for services from referring physician.
- Develops basic treatment plans based on evaluation results including short and long term goals that lead to achievement of patient/resident outcome.
- Evaluates and recommends patient/resident need for equipment, materials or supplies as per facility protocol.
- Supervises Provisional Speech-Language Pathologists and Rehabilitation Technicians in direct patient/resident care and activities per state practice act.
- Treats patients/residents according to treatment plan.
- Screens patients/residents based upon identified needs.
- Communicates with supervisor and team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
- Communicates with medical staff, nursing personnel and other department supervisors.
- Conducts in-services and training for facility staff on an ongoing basis.
- Attends and participates in in-service training for other facility staff members.
- Attends and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, patient/resident care conferences, utilization review meetings, and other meetings as required or directed.
- Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Correctly identifies and bills for daily therapy services rendered per approved billing guidelines.
- Instructs families and nursing staff in restorative/home programs.
- Provides patient/resident/family education and training and participates in family conferences for the purposes of discharge planning.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients/residents, facility personnel and support agencies.
- Reports any problems with department equipment to the appropriate personnel so that it is maintained in safe and good working order.
- Acts as a clinical mentor for affiliated Speech-Language Pathology schools with approved contracts.
- Actively participates in the supervision process: a. Reviews evaluation results, treatment plan with Provisional SLP's. b. Communicates needs to Director. c. Modifies performance and responds to feedback. d. Notifies appropriate personnel of unusual patient/resident findings in a timely manner. e. Demonstrates an awareness of limitations and seeks supervision appropriately. 22. Must be able to travel between facilities as indicated.
- Performs other duties as required or directed. EXPOSURE RISK: The Speech-Language Pathologist is at high risk for exposure to blood and bodily fluids. SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Rehabilitation or Designee for both administrative and patient/resident care responsibilities. WORKING CONDITIONS 1. Works in well-lit/ventilated office and therapy areas.
- Pressured work environment subject to frequent interruptions.
- Willingness to work in other facilities temporarily, when necessary.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases.Required SkillsSPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS 1. Valid Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language- Hearing Association.
- Current state registration/licensure, or limited permit as a Speech-Language Pathologist.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs and in-services as requested, which may require overnight travel.
- Ability to work on and comprehend computerized technology.
- Protects patients/residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Must be able to speak the English language in a comprehendible format. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS 1. Subject to lifting, carrying and supporting patients/residents.
- Must be able to lift medical equipment, supplies, etc.
- Must be able to move (walk, bend, stand, sit, push, pull, lift) intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be constantly alert for patient/resident safety.Required ExperienceQUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology. Certification of Clinical Competence from the American Speech- Language-Hearing Association, unless working under a provisional license.Job Location Greenville, South Carolina, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: Halcyon Rehabilitation, Augusta , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Greenville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!