Team Leader - Project Operations
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Eatons Electrical Services & Systems team is looking to hire a
Team Leader, Project Operations. This position can sit at any of
the following locations: Pelham AL, Louisville TN, Louisville KY,
Smyrna GA, Arden NC, Greenwood SC, Nashville TN, Deerfield Beach
FL, Columbia SC, Charlotte NC, Raleigh NC or Orlando FL.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive
portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power systems
life cyclewhether its design, build, or support. Our services
integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure
its aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system
safe, efficient, reliable, and up to date.
Eaton has one of the most experienced team of project engineers in
the industry, with industry-standard software and advanced modeling
and analysis capabilities at their fingertips. This
multi-disciplinary team brings extensive skills, experience and
design processes to project engineering in support of Eatons
Project Operations business. Active participation in technical
societies such as IEEE and collaboration with a variety of
utilities and industries ensures that our engineers are
knowledgeable about todays cutting edge engineering techniques. We
assist customers at every stage of the power system through asset
modernization and new project design from power generation, to
synchronous condensers, to substation and distribution substations,
to renewable energy and smart grid engineering, and a wide range of
other power focused projects.
The Regional Project Operations Team Leader (RPOTL) is a
consultative sales, marketing, and operations professional
responsible for driving Eatons Electrical Sectors success with a
focused set to a Geographic Zone of North American Projects within
the Operations Business Unit.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. Its where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potentialand where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible to enhance Eatons position in their assign
Geographic Region within North America to increase the net present
value of Eatons relationship with our target customers by driving
near-term revenue and positioning us for larger wins in the
- Be responsible for tailoring, refining and carrying Eatons
complete Project Operations Business Unit Solution to the customer
and for establishing Eaton as the premiere electrical solutions
provider in the industry.
- Represent all the electrical groups products and services and
to position us in an advantaged position for turnkey opportunities,
lifecycle services, capital projects and MRO purchases.
- Support the strategy for how we will grow the Project
Operations business within their assigned North American Zone and
will play an instrumental role in evolving our overall
- Be responsible for supporting and managing their assigned
Regional Organization to support the production and completion of
the projects that has a volume of up to $50M, with a high degree of
customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Cooperate with various other Operation Managers, Regional
Directors and other department leaders to share resources to
maximize the output of all segments within the organization.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of their assigned North American
Region for EESS Project Operations Business Unit, including
resources/manpower, financials (Orders, Sales, Standard Margin and
Region Budget) and sales & marketing within the organization.
- Prepare plans, including schedules, financial forecasts,
budgets and personnel requirements for solving major problems or
tasks as required.
- Assist the Operation Managers and department leadership in
developing and implementing an approved profit plan for the Region,
taking corrective action as required, within limits of authority,
to meet overall goal
- Interface and coordinate with other Plants, Regions and
Districts within the company and outside vendors to procure parts
and services for Project Operations.
- Assure effective and skilled Project Managers through
recruiting, goal setting, communications, development, appraisal
and conformance to applicable company policies.
- Assure the safety of all employees on your projects and strict
compliance with safety policies.
- Lead bi-weekly project financial reviews and weekly project
reviews with the PMs. Escalate issues and project status to
minimize surprises to leadership.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- 7+ years of experience in at least one of the following: Field
Sales, Project Management/Engineering, or Product Management.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work locations listed.
Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the
geographical area limitation.
- 10+ years of experience in at least one of the following: Field
Sales, Project Management/Engineering, or Product Management
- PMP Certification
- Experience with Engineering, General Construction Companies,
and turn-key projects
- Current Federal Clearance or the ability to obtain one
- Experience writing proposals for multiple customer
- Experience with various contract types
- Professional Engineering License
- General Contractors License
- Electrical Contractor License
- Successfully complete and maintain compliance with the companys
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver's
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug
- Must be able to meet and maintain customer specific entrance
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to
successfully work in a cross-functional/matrix organization.
- Must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced
multi-discipline team environment and be able to handle multiple
- Must demonstrate skills in communicating technical information
to non-technical personnel, educating customers, and presenting
information to internal and external customers.
- Must be proficient in the application, operation and support of
engineering and maintenance of electrical distribution power
systems and power quality emergency backup systems of all voltage
classes; including but not limited to commissioning of new
switchgear, troubleshooting and diagnoses, repairs, preventative
maintenance, modification of control schemes, electrical schematics
and wiring diagrams.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on
employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered
globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
North America US/Puerto Rico
United States-Florida-Orlando, United States-South
Carolina-Columbia, United States-North Carolina-Morrisville, United
States-North Carolina-Raleigh, United States-North
Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Tennessee-Louisville, United
States-North Carolina-Arden, United States-South
Carolina-Greenwood, United States-Florida-Deerfield Beach, United
States-Georgia-Smyrna, United States-Tennessee-Nashville, United
Pelham AL Loc 2
ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Jibe YouTube ID
Requisition ID :110224by Jobble
Keywords: Eaton, Augusta , Team Leader - Project Operations, Hospitality & Tourism , Greenwood, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!