Human Resource Manager
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Job Summary: Provides Human Resource support to the North
Augusta and Bethune, SC operations.160 people. Provides
services related to all terms of employment, benefit
administration, unemployment, salary guidelines, safety, worker’s
compensation, educational training, etc. Recommends and
initiates programs and projects including, Lean Six-Sigma,
Quality, Safety and Environmental initiatives. Duties and
- Responsible for the recruitment of all hourly and
non-managerial salaried employees, schedules and conducts
interviews, partners with the hiring manager during the selection
process and makes appropriate recommendations Conducts reference
and background checks, schedules post-offer physicals and provides
full orientation for new hires. May assist HR Director in the
recruitment efforts of managerial candidates.
- Ensures compliance at local level with major state and federal
employment and labor laws (FMLA, FLSA, ADA, Sexual Harassment,
etc.), and provides “hands on” guidance to supervision.
Maintains all systems, records, and transactions to comply with
regulatory reporting including HIPAA, SOX, E-Verify.
- Ensures appropriate employment decisions are made and maintains
proper records to comply with the facility’s Affirmative Action
Plan. Develops and maintains location’s AAP under the
guidance of the HR Director.
- Acts as an advisor to supervisory leadership on all
employee-related matters (i.e. recruitment, hiring, and leaves of
absence, attendance, disciplinary actions and termination issues).
Confers with HR Director on matters of significance
- Reviews all pending disciplinary actions and terminations
proposed by the local supervisors and managers. Contacts HR
Director and other leaders, deemed necessary, on terminations and
suspensions prior to action being taken.
- Maintains good employee relations by being actively involved
with employee issues to prevent any adverse actions. Meets
with employees on an individual basis to resolve concerns and
otherwise provide assistance.
- Coordination of time and attendance system/labor reporting. May
approve time and attendance punches, including pay codes.
- Conveys company benefits and maintains all on-site benefit
administration, and communication.
- Participates in conducting employee meetings and communicates
any follow up activities to the facility’s
- Prepares and delivers employee training for Human Resources
related subjects such as interviewing and supervisory skills, Human
Resources policies, etc. Assists the Human Resources Director
in the preparation and/or delivery of employee training on an
- Reviews and recommends as necessary the hourly pay structure to
ensure employees are paid fair and consistent within established
pay structures. Conducts local salary surveys to ensure
the validity of our pay structure.
- Writes and updates job descriptions as necessary.
- Participates in the development of the Tactical/Strategic Plans
for the department
- Promotes harmony in the workforce through good and open
communication; fair, balanced, consistent, and respectful
- Guides supervision in maintaining discipline and ensures all
disciplinary action is administered in accordance with established
- Promotes safety through active participation and support of
company safety policies and programs.
- Monitors all short-term disabilities. Processes proper
forms and actively pursues a return-to-work program in
collaboration with the employee’s physician(s).
- Updates and maintains all employee training records and
- Ensures that all company and location policies and procedures
are effectively communicated, supported and administered
- Maintains an open dialogue with HR Director on issues of
importance within the operations
- Will actively engage in Lean Management by encouraging,
teaching, participating in, and supporting the Lean Six Sigma
culture and tools. Other:
- Must adhere to all company and location policies and safety
- Must be able to work extended hours when required
- All other duties as assigned
Excellent location Augusta Georgia, Major Player in the High
Performance Materials Industry. Opportunity for a Fast Track to
Upper Management.Cutting EdgeTechnology.Requirements:Education,
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a
Candidate:(If a degree is required it must be from an accredited
- Must possess B.S. degree in Human Resources or related field;
or an equivalent of education and experience.
- 5+ years experience in a Human Resource Generalist role.
- Must be knowledgeable about employment laws and regulatory
issues (i.e. ADA, FMLA, EEO, AAP, etc.)
- Experience in safety compliance and training.
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Must have strong communication and organization skills and work
well with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to multi-task and have an attention to
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast paced
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality needed for this
position as well as be a trusted member of the HR
Staff. Additional Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities
Preferred:(If a degree is required it must be from an accredited
- HRIS knowledge (PeopleSoft)
- Time keeping systems (Kronos)
- SOX reporting requirements- working for a publicly traded
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Creative Program Solving
- Interpersonal Relationships
Keywords: Job Juncture, Augusta , Human Resource Manager, Human Resources , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!