Human Resources Specialist
Company: ATC Development
Posted on: January 25, 2023
ATC Development is a dynamic, friendly, rapidly growing company
that builds, owns, and manages apartment communities. We are
committed to our core values of customer service, life-enhancing
work, professionalism, teamwork and value creation. We proudly
celebrate our milestone 50 th anniversary in 2023, and have built
over 5000 dwellings for sale or rent in Georgia, South Carolina,
and Florida through the foundation of our business, ATC
Construction. We currently manage 2000 + rental units in our
current portfolio with an additional 1000+ units either completed
or under construction in the next three years.
At ATC Development and ATC Construction, we celebrate having a
diverse group of hardworking employees and it hasn't gone
unnoticed. We pride ourselves in fostering a collaborative culture
throughout every step of an employee's journey. From your first
interview, through the hiring process, and after you join us, our
goal is to consistently cultivate an inclusive environment. ATC has
established a reputation for providing first class service for our
residents and an environment for growth and opportunity for our
employees. ATC is a family owned and operated company with no
third-party management involvement. You will enjoy our culture. It
is positive and supportive with a diverse, interactive, and
We provide one of the most important things in anyone's life-their
home. It is rewarding work and that makes a difference. We love
what we do and we want to enrich the lives of our residents as well
as the lives of our employees.
Americans are renting their homes now more than any time in the
last 50 years. Our strategically located properties built and
managed by ATC in thriving communities provide endless growth
opportunities in the property management and multi-family
ATC Development has an opportunity for a highly organized,
professional, and skilled Human Resources Specialist for our
growing HR team! This go-getter will work with compensation,
benefits and payroll for our company, consisting of multiple
locations and divisions. The Human Resources Specialist role is an
exciting opportunity for someone who is ready to take their next
step, thrives in reviewing and revamping current procedures, and
loves working closely with leadership and employees to create new
ways of doing things! This position will be located at our
corporate office in Augusta, GA.
The ideal candidate for this position will have proven experience
in human resources and a strong understanding of employment laws
and best practices. This role requires excellent communication and
interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to handle sensitive
information with discretion.
Who will love this job
A collaborator - you thrive on working with a team of
cross-functional professionals as well as working with all company
teams to support their goals.
A trusted subject matter specialist - you will excite, educate and
encourage employees to learn things. You'll effectively communicate
to solve problems, educate, and improve their lives.
What you'll do:
- Lead the daily administration of all health & wellness and
financial benefits programs, FMLA and other forms of leave.
- Organizational payroll, including payroll processing,
troubleshooting, reporting, and ensuring compliance with local,
state and federal laws. We have employees in both Georgia and South
- Develop and deploy benefits-related communication and education
- Develop, implement and administer compensation programs,
processes, and procedures.
- Technical point-of-contact for the Human Resources functional
area, including implementation, testing, and training of system
changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process
Sound like you?
- Communication: you understand tricky topics, in writing and in
person, and you communicate clearly and carefully.
- Challenge: you enjoy the reward of a challenging role and the
ability to help others!
- Attention to Detail: you exercise careful detail in all you
- Delight: you go the extra mile for your internal
- Determination: you love challenges and persist to find
- Efficient: you move quickly and effectively.
What You Bring to Us:
- You have 2+ years of experience in Total Rewards, including
HRIS and payroll experience (ADP Workforce now preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance or related field
is preferred; post-secondary education diploma or certifications or
commensurate experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Background in talent acquisition a plus.
- Experience with Greenhouse Recruiting and/or Onboarding is a
- Experience with safety monitoring and compliance programs
- SHRM Certification(s) (SHRM-CP SHRM-SCP) and/or HRCI
Certifications (PHR, SPHR, or GPHR) preferred.
- Your own unique talents! If you don't meet 100% of the
qualifications outlined above, use your cover letter to tell us why
you are a great candidate!
When you choose ATC, you are investing in the success of our
organization. Here's how we invest in you.
Taking care of you, your family, and your future :
Competitive salary with opportunities for incentives/bonuses.
401(k) plan with opportunity for matching funds up to 4%
Health insurance (three plan options, including an HSA banking
plan), dental, and vision insurance
Supplemental insurance options
EAP mental health and information services
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off/paid holidays
A 30% discount off market rent at an ATC property
Investing in your growth and professional development :
Company paid career developing educational and life management
ATC University, our own internal, on demand e-learning platform
Smart dollar (a company paid, free financial wellness platform that
provides education and personal finance tools)
Successful completion of a criminal background, MVR and drug test
is required and you must possess a valid drivers' license.
Keywords: ATC Development, Augusta , Human Resources Specialist, Human Resources , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!