Supvr., Maintenance III (Fiber)
Company: Graphic Packaging
Posted on: June 12, 2019
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box
you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in
North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to
be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the
communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd
love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Supvr., Maintenance III - Mechanical (Fiber)
MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Supvr., Maintenance III - Mechanical (Fiber) is a leadership
position where the individual is responsible for the efficient and
safe execution of maintenance repairs and the over all equipment
reliability of the Pulp Mill equipment. Maintenance activities
include: directing crew in routine repairs, outage preparation and
execution, preventive and predictive maintenance efforts.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
* Responsible for direct supervision of production crew utilizing
competencies of successful supervisors (see competencies
* Provide for development and implementation of training for direct
* Responsible for safe work environment, including conducting
monthly safety meetings, observations and correcting unsafe
behaviors and conditions.
* Encourages and motivates crew members to complete on-shift safe
* Provide documentation/record keeping for training and
* Assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions.
* Increase crew engagement
* Effective communication and production planning between
* Annual outage support and routine outage support.
* Conducting one-to-ones with direct reports
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* Previous supervisory experience preferred.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* BS Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering degree
preferred) or equivalent practical/technical experience
* Previous Supervisory experience preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of reliability concepts and application
* Demonstrated leadership and ability to create and sustain
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Proactive problem solver
* General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee
must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may
include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual
while doing so.
* Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or
* Sitting or standing for extended periods up to 8-hours.
* Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
* Action Oriented
* Drive for Results
* Priority Setting
* Building Effective Teams
* Managing and Measuring Work
* Managing Through Systems
* Decision Quality
* Informing, Motivating Others
We offer outstanding opportunities for our employees to advance
their careers through on the job training and job progression. We
offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid
Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance,
health spending accounts as well as 401-K with matching funds.
Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto
Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac,
Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco
Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform
Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates
will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job
in question. We do not base our employment decision on an
employee\'s or applicant\'s race, color, sex, age, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or
disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis
prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the
EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Augusta , Supvr., Maintenance III (Fiber), IT / Software / Systems , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!