FULL TIME PARALEGAL
Company: FULCHER HAGLER LLP
Posted on: May 10, 2020
Local law firm looking for
Full-time Paralegal. Must have litigation/Defense medical
malpractice experience. Starting
pay based upon experience.
Please send all resumes to
Provide prompt and effective support to attorneys by working on
assigned projects performing such tasks as conducting legal
research, draft various legal documents, manage document
production, investigate facts, organize files, schedule
depositions, calendar critical deadlines and assist in trial
1. Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, recorded
judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, and legal codes.
Research medical terms, injuries, pharmaceuticals, and medical
2. Prepare legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, appeals,
motions for review by attorney. Prepare other general
correspondence as needed. Assists in discovery. File Requests for
Production of Documents. Review, Bates stamp, copy, and scan all
case related documents. Create trail notebooks and/or utilize Trial
Director software for trial preparation.
3. Subpoena medical records from various providers. Follow up with
providers to ensure timely delivery of requested records. Prepare
medical chronologies and summaries.
4. Plaintiff's expert research – preparation of expert review
packages for defense by utilizing IDEX/LexisNexis Litigation
Profile Suite software application.
5. Coordination of depositions. Scheduling, possible witness
preparation and attendance at deposition including summarization of
6. Organize and maintain litigation files, analyze jury
questionnaires, analyze interrogatories, calendar filing deadlines,
court terms, hearings and trial dates. Create trail notebooks.
1. Maintain accurate data input of all billable and non-billable
hours – 1600 required annual billable hours.
2. Proficiency in various software applications – Excel, Power
Point, Access – in order to maintain existing case progress
spreadsheets and presentation material to clients.
3. May perform a variety of searches on individuals and/or
companies for information via the internet.
1. 2-3 Years previous law firm experience – preferably in Medical
Malpractice/Insurance Defense area, Bachelor's Degree from 4 year
college or university; and/or 2 year Paralegal certification.
2. Notary Public – Georgia/South Carolina
3. Ability to work effectively and professionally with attorneys to
ensure cases move forward and all deadlines are met.
4. Willingness to work overtime should projects dictate and/or
travel if needed.
5. Possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
including problem solving skills and exceptional interpersonal
Keywords: FULCHER HAGLER LLP, Augusta , FULL TIME PARALEGAL, Legal , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!