Company: Graphic Packaging
Posted on: May 16, 2020
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the
box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in
North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to
be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the
communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd
love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
MAJOR: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position provides technical support for the operations group
within the department. Develop and implement best practices to
improve safety, quality, productivity and cost reduction. Develop
specific performance parameters as requested.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
* Provide support for process improvement projects. Projects
involve chemicals, mechanical improvements, support for on machine
trials and investigations of new technologies.
* Drive best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of
all operations, maintenance and staff personnel.
* Needs to be self-starter, be self-directed, take initiative to
move forward with ideas, be committed and be able to work with and
* Must learn quickly to analyze data.
* Lead one or more projects that will be started and completed
within the summer.
* Conduct tests to evaluate potential process changes.
* Research process equipment, including: obtaining quotes,
coordinating product trials, and making recommendations for
* Assist in writing standard operating procedures and training
* Provide engineering support to other departments as needed.
* Present to the department periodically and at the end of the
* Other duties as assigned.
* General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee
must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may
include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual
while doing so. Occasional overnight travel to include flying,
driving, riding or by rail.
* Frequent, bending, stooping, squatting, as well as frequent
movement throughout the facility for extended periods of time up to
* Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office, hand tools or electrical equipment
* Employee is required to wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses and
hearing protecting when in the manufacturing area.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to airborne particles and times of increased
heat and humidity.
* The noise level in the immediate work environment is normally
quiet, however requires exposure to a noisy manufacturing
* Integrity & Trust
* Action Oriented
* Learning on the Fly
* Intellectual Horsepower
* Drive for Results
We offer outstanding opportunities for our employees to advance
their careers through on the job training and job progression. We
offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid
Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance,
health spending accounts as well as 401-K with matching funds.
Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto
Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac,
Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco
Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform
Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates
will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job
in question. We do not base our employment decision on an
employee\'s or applicant\'s race, color, sex, age, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or
disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis
prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the
EEO is the Law Poster.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Augusta , Summer Intern, Other , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!