Company: Ferrara Pan Candy Co., Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Posting Title
Machine OperatorPosition Summary
Operate/tend machines to prepare products for final packaging and
preparation of shipment. Responsible for working processing or
packaging equipment to ensure quality and conformity of filled or
packaged products to standards. Tasks include sorting, grading,
weighing, and inspecting products, verifying and adjusting product
weight or measurement to meet specifications.
Responsibilities, Opportunities, and Challenges:
- Adheres to all company established Good Manufacturing
- Conducts assigned work in a safe manner and adheres to safety
- Conducts visual quality checks.
- Ensures packaging material (film, cartons, boxes) meets
specifications and meets quality standards.
- Feeds product to conveyors, hoppers, scales, or other feeding
- Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged
according to specifications.
- Performs minor adjustments or repairs and/or clears away
damaged product containers.
- Mounts supplies on spindles or places supplies in hopper or
other feeding devices. Knows and understands capabilities of
equipment as well as standards and proper set points (metal
detectors, check weights, scales).
- Operates touch screen to program code date, product weight,
- Removes rejected product when metal detector sounds off.
- Replenishes packaging supplies such as plastic wrap, boxes,
cartons, labels, etc.
- Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions of
- Record reasons for down time and effectively communicates
- Stops machine and reports malfunction to supervisor if
- Back-up to Machine Operator in his/her absence
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but non written or oral instructions.
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively in
- Be at work as scheduled and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work scheduled shift.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Capable of understanding time tracking objectives with the
ability to swipe into orders and perform other objectives of the
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
or one to three months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses basic math and mechanical skills.
- Promote teamwork, possess a good attitude, and exhibit
flexibility and willingness to perform task as needed.
- Ensures compliance with AIB, SQF, and other relevant
This position requires knowledge and awareness of manufacturing and
industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where
appropriate. Position requires ability to work overtime, varying
start times and weekends dependent on business needs.
Apply to an industry leader TODAY! We offer competitive
compensation and an excellent benefits package including: medical,
dental, vision, 401K match, life, STD/LTD, and tuition
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to
provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all
qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and
opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications,
and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or
civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age,
military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic
information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition),
or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all
aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment,
compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and
Keywords: Ferrara Pan Candy Co., Inc., Augusta , Machine Operator, Other , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!