Residential Maintenance Service Supervisor
Company: VineBrook Homes
Posted on: June 10, 2021
MAINTENANCE SERVICE SUPERVISOR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
VineBrook Homes is an internally managed real estate investment
company, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing and operating
single-family homes as rental properties. An early investor and
developer of the Single-Family Rental home (SFR) asset class, we
commenced operations in late 2007. Our proven, yield-focused
investment strategy targets a unique opportunity building a
portfolio of workforce SFR assets in key secondary and tertiary
markets. Our growing SFR REIT portfolio is currently comprised of
approximately 14,000 homes. VineBrook Homes is undergoing a major
expansion of its strategy, expecting to drive toward 25,000+
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Maintenance Service Supervisors are responsible for the upkeep
and repair of our properties. They must be able to work
unsupervised while performing quality repairs to HVAC, electrical,
and plumbing systems. They must be able to diagnose and
troubleshoot problems. They must coordinate and schedule
technicians and communicate with contractors. They must also
maintain repair budgets as well as oversee the on-call program.
Customer service is of the highest importance and must always be
displayed. Other tasks include finish work and occasional property
turnover. Documentation is done via smart devices such as
smartphones and tablets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, delegates and performs up-keep of properties to include:
Maintenance, building repair/turnover, HVAC, plumbing, electrical,
carpentry, finish work.
- Process, assign, schedule, and budget work orders in a timely
- Hire, Fire, Train, Coach, and oversee Maintenance Service
- Hires and schedules all vendors/contractors.
- Oversees all bids, contracts to major projects and performs the
final inspection to verify the completion of the project according
to approved and signed contract.
- Order supplies, parts, tools and materials and keeps an update
- Prepare budgets and estimates regarding facility up-keep,
maintenance, renovation and restoration by applying figure aptitude
and knowledge of building systems.
- Provides support and supervises maintenance personnel.
- Remain familiar with applicable city and state building codes
to ensure compliance.
- Keeps communication with Leasing Department of unit
availability and make ready.
- Provide field inspections of HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical
systems, as well as, Carpentry and Roofing.
- Develop and utilize a preventative maintenance schedule for
- Have and facilitate positive customer interaction at all
- Respond to emergency repair situations.
- File for permits and inspections with local government agencies
- This position manages all employees of the department and is
responsible for the performance management and hiring of the
employees within that department. Position reports to the Portfolio
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. After hour
calls are on rotation.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position with on call rotation, and hours
of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties
demand. Some overtime is required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years' previous experience in a maintenance role
- HVAC Certification
- At least five years of Carpentry, Plumbing, and Electrical
- Exemplary Customer Service skills
- Time Management skills
- Excellent Communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Management/ supervision skills
PREFFERED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of supervising a maintenance team of 5 or more
- Completion of Tech/ Vocational School
- EPA Certification
- Freon Handling Certificate
- Electrical Certification
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Proficient use with smartphones/tablets.
- Knowledge of Yardi property management software
- Must have own tools, we will provide larger equipment.
- Requires the ability to lift carry, push, pull medium weights
up to 75 pounds
- Valid driver's license.
- Pass a Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Credit, and Criminal
We offer industry competitive wages and benefits. Comprehensive
training is offered to all employees, with additional education
offered to those interested in greater opportunities. Each employee
must pass a national background check and full panel drug
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and
talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your
experience is close to what you see listed here, please still
consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with
passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we
encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require accommodations during the
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall
be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex,
religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any
other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also
a Drug Free Work Place. Qualified applicants will also be required
to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning
employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in
disqualification of further employment consideration.
Keywords: VineBrook Homes, Augusta , Residential Maintenance Service Supervisor, Other , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!