S.T.E.A.M. Camp Instructor
Company: Family YMCA of Greater Augusta
Posted on: June 10, 2021
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit
committed to strengthening community through youth development,
healthy living and social responsibility. Provides education
through hands on activities during the seasonal day camp. Those
areas include science, technology, engineering, art, and
mathematics. Making sure not only to direct children, but also lead
counselors in ways that they can help facilitate games and
projects. This position creates positive, nurturing relationships
with children, while building cooperative relationships with
parents/caregivers. Promotes and supports the potential of all
youth in programs and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part
of the overall camp experience.
- Guide and teach a group of children.
- Clearly direct camp counselors to help facilitate
- Have a good working knowledge in the areas of Science,
technology, engineering, art, and mathematics.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally
relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related
to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and
- Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective
communication with parents, children and other staff. Models
relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Willing to drive around to different sites.
- High school graduate; one year or more of college
- Previous experience working with children preferably in a
- At least 18 years of age (The age minimum may be higher
depending on state law and YMCA policies.)
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention
training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
- Must be able to drive.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities
in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
- Travel to other YMCA sites will be required. Mileage will be
Diversity & Inclusion: The Y is made up of people of all ages
and from every walk of life working side by side to strengthen
communities. Together, we work to ensure everyone, regardless of
gender, income, faith, sexual orientation or cultural background,
has the opportunity to live life to its fullest. We share the
values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility - everything
we do stems from it.
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Keywords: Family YMCA of Greater Augusta, Augusta , S.T.E.A.M. Camp Instructor, Other , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!