Speech Language Pathologist - NHC HomeCare Aiken
Company: National Healthcare Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Speech Language Pathologist for NHC HomeCare Aiken
The Speech-Language Pathologist supervises and participates in
the application of therapeutic techniques for the rehabilitation of
patients with speech and language disorders, hearing disorders and
oral myofunctional disorders.
- Must have a master's degree from an approved curriculum in
Speech Pathology, or its equivalent.
- Must have a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SP) from
the American Speech and Hearing Association or be eligible for a
Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY).
- Must be licensed in the state or states in which he/she will
- Able to transfer, lift and guard patients safely with
- Able to bend, stoop, squat and lift numerous times daily (70 -
80 lbs) in the care of patients and use of equipment.
- Able to carry out fine motor skills with manual dexterity.
- Mental acuity and judgment skills to adequately and safely
perform job requirements.
- Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory
and visual needs and clinical indications of the patients.
- Able to learn, absorb and apply professional training.
- Able to organize work procedures, assume responsibility and
tactfully supervise others.
- Able to speak in a clear, concise voice in order to communicate
- Able to read, write and edit documentation.
- Must have reliable personal transportation.
- Directs and supervises the Communication Disorders Service
- Provides evaluations and therapy as ordered by the referring
physician and recommends an appropriate treatment program for the
- Evaluates, plans, and carries out therapy programs, including
the establishment of goals for patients as referred and approved by
the physician, with periodic re-evaluations.
- Participates in the in-service training program for the
- Consults with the HomeCare staff concerning communication
problems of patients not receiving speech pathology services.
- Conducts or contributes to speech pathology related CQI studies
- Maintains patient care records as designated by the HomeCare
agency assuring that third party reimbursement qualifications are
met, as well as all state/federal requirements.
- Consults with family members, physicians and other health care
professionals as appropriate.
- Participates in interdisciplinary conferences to maintain
continuity of patient care.
- Serves as Utilization Review and/or Advisory Board Member as
requested by the Administrator/Director.
- Maintains knowledge base of HomeCare Speech-Language Pathology
procedures and regulations as well as professional standards
through attendance at workshops, in-services and individual
research and reading.
National HealthCare Corporation is recognized nationwide as an
innovator in the delivery of quality care. Our goal is to provide a
full range of extended care services, designed to maximize the
well-being and independence of patients of all ages. We are
dedicated to meeting patient needs through an interdisciplinary
approach combining compassionate care with cost-effective health
The NHC environment is one of encouragement and challenge ...
innovation and improvement ... teamwork and collaboration ... and
honesty and integrity. All NHC employees are committed as partners,
not only to the health of our patients, but to the well-being of
the communities we serve.
If you are interested in working for a leader in senior care and
share NHC's values of honesty and integrity, please apply today and
find out more about us at nhccare.com/locations/homecare-aiken/
We look forward to talking with you!!
Keywords: National Healthcare Corporation, Augusta , Speech Language Pathologist - NHC HomeCare Aiken, Other , Aiken, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!