Assistant Director of Nursing
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Assistant Director of Nursing has the authority, responsibility
and accountability for assisting the Director of Nursing in the
structuring, implementing and monitoring the Nursing Service
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Five (5) or more years of clinical experience
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse within the State, or
valid compact state nurse license
- Current CPR certification
- Assist in ensuring that the health services units are staffed
with nursing personnel to meet the needs of the patient population
and contract requirements. Responsible for approving the nursing
schedule, requested changes and requests for time off.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of nursing
- Assist in the coordination of new employee orientation and
continuing education programs.
- Prepares and submits reports to the Health Services
Administrator in timely manner as requested.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI) and Infection Control
activities and meetings as requested
- Respond to a code or health emergency with standard
- Responsible for ensuring that a nursing administrator is
on-call for nursing services
- Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of
the philosophy, goals, objectives, structure, and operation of
- Ensures the practice of nursing is consistent with current
standards and is responsible for level of care.
- Serves as representative for and/or liaison between nursing
services and other health care providers as well as Director of
Nursing and coordinates patient care with other departments
- Provides guidance to the nursing staff in patient care problems
and delegates responsibility within the scope of the employees'
- Remains visible and is responsive to all medical
- Supports and participates in evaluation designed to improve
work conditions and patient care.
- Participates and maintains good relationship with community
- Keeps abreast and follows through on incidents occurring on all
shifts through 24-hour availability to all shifts
- Ensures that reports of communicable diseases are forwarded to
the local/state health authorities X Customarily and regularly
direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time employees or their
equivalent (1 full-time employee at 40 and 2 half-time employees at
20 hours each , are equivalent to 2 full-time employees). X
Authority to hire or fire other employees, or makes suggestions and
recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or
any other change of status of other employees are given particular
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Augusta , Assistant Director of Nursing, Other , Grovetown, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!