Guest Experience Specialist
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together
to support the most exciting missions in the world! What you'll
- Provide optimal guest experience services.
- Assist guests in the proper selection of merchandise in
accordance with their identified needs.
- Demonstrate a high level of interest in the welfare, health,
and proper handling of all animals.
- Perform cashiering duties.
- Perform related duties in support of the store attaining its
assigned sales goal.
- Ensure merchandise is properly stocked and priced.
- Adhere to established operational guidelines and store policies
- Evaluate guest inquiries and as needed refers to Guest
Experience Leader and/or Leader on Duty. Key Accountabilities: The
incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following
duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable
- Ensures the health and well-being of live animals by providing
the correct care in accordance with the established Petco
standards, policies and procedures including the completion of the
hourly animal health check and wellness cards.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and
written communication with all professional contacts with an
emphasis on company interests.
- Provides prompt and courteous service to all Petco guests by
determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest
the appropriate merchandise, and by effectively employing
suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales.
- Demonstrates knowledge in nutrition, Pals Rewards membership
sign-up, Welcome to the Family and effective suggestive selling
techniques to increase sales.
- Ensures an exceptional guest experience for all Omni-channel
initiatives, to include but not limited to Instacart, Extended
Aisle and Repeat Delivery.
- Performs all aspects of point-of-sale service, e.g. cash sales,
credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. Performs the daily
balance of cash drawer as necessary.
- Assists in stocking and facing merchandise according to
- Completes cash register transactions as well as guest carry-out
service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding
50 pounds per trip.
- Adheres to loss prevention policies.
- Assists in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise
according to established procedures, in order to ensure that the
store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
- Ensures that store animals, birds, reptiles and fish receive
the highest quality care, maintained in habits that are clean,
safe, and secure, and that all reasonable and required steps are
taken to maintain their good health.
- Alerts store leaders immediately if any animal, reptile, bird
or fish is in need of medical attention or other special care.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the
professional image and appearance of the store, to include
sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing
the merchandise on the shelves, restroom maintenance, etc.
- Assists store leadership in the opening/closing of the store as
needed, to include the accurate completion of required
- Participates in the completion of quarterly and annual physical
- Adheres to and promotes established safety procedures and
maintenance of clean, safe and healthy environment for store
partners, guests and animals.
- Performs special projects as assigned. Supervisory
Responsibility: None. Work Environment: The majority of job duties
are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise
carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store
briefly. This position requires bending, kneeling, moving
merchandise and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to
lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling
equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following
proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers,
pets, and store personnel. Follow all safety precautions and
procedures. Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age,
protected veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: PetCo, Augusta , Guest Experience Specialist, Other , Evans, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!