Senior Software Engineer
Company: Empowered Global Solutions (EGS), Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2021
The developer will be establishing and maintaining
cost-effective web-based solutions that meet the customer's
business and technology using Visual Basic .NET and ASP. NET.
Additionally, the developer is responsible for compliance with
departmental policies and processes and for performing all duties
and activities in a safe and ethical manner.New Application
- Gather scope, establish requirements, and obtain customer
approvals per Savannah River Site procedures and guidance.
- Manage the development cycle through coding, testing,
acceptance, and production turnover.
- Promote effective use of technology.Maintenance and Revision of
- Perform maintenance duties to ensure continued operations of
existing production applications.
- Gather design changes and problems/issues for revising existing
- Manage the change cycle through coding, testing, acceptance,
and production rollout.Problem Analysis and Resolution:
- Fix causes, not just solutions. Work to eliminate recurring
problems and improve supportability.
- Watch for trends that indicate potential problems and then
eliminate the problems before they happen.Communication:
- Keep peers and STR informed of trends, significant problems,
unexpected delays, and anything new in the environment.
- Keep customers informed of global problems, scheduled downtime,
or anything that affects the computing environment.
- Keep customers informed of progress on problems that cannot be
resolved on the first call.Work Hours: A 40 hour work week
excluding SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch
period.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Experience:
- BS Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related
discipline with 5 years proven performance in a related
assignment(s); or a non-related 4-year degree with 7 years proven
performance in a related assignment(s); or a 2-year degree with 9
years proven performance in the related assignment(s). In lieu of a
degree, a high school diploma, and at least 11 additional years of
- Demonstrate 5 years experience (7 years, if no degree) in
developing web-based applications using Visual Studio, Eclipse, or
Spring Tools; .NET Framework or Core Java; HTML; CSS; Java or C#;
React, Angular or JS Frameworks
- Demonstrate at least 3 years work experience with SQL Server
and/or Oracle; Service Oriented Architecture; REST APIs; Relational
DB Tools (LINQ, TOAD, SSMS)
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of SQL, Stored procedures, etc;
ORM Frameworks (Entity Framework, Springboot); Azure DevOps, TFS,
or similar; Bootstrap, CSS LibrariesJob Types: Full-time,
ContractPay: $50.00 - $58.00 per hourBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- OvertimeCOVID-19 considerations:Vaccine Requirements. Mask
Requirement.Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aiken, SC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Preferred)Education:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Experience:
- REST: 5 years (Required)
- Java: 5 years (Required)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Empowered Global Solutions (EGS), Inc., Augusta , Senior Software Engineer, Other , Aiken, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!