Correctional Counselor - Jenkins
Posted on: November 19, 2021
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Correctional Counselor who
has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional, secure setting. Who We Are: CoreCivic is the
leading, national provider of high-quality, security corrections
and detention management services, providing effective programs
that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success
after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more
than 70 secured facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees
are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of
professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives. What You Get To
Do:Change the lives of those in your care! Perform routine duties
of a Correctional Counselor is a uniformed, security trained member
of the Unit Management Team responsible for resolving daily inmate
issues before they become significant matters, incidents or
- Perform routine duties of a Correctional Counselor is a
uniformed, security trained member of the Unit Management Team
responsible for resolving daily inmate issues before they become
significant matters, incidents or grievances.
- Ensure that services and programs are delivered to inmates
assigned to the unit at a time and manner as designed.
- Maintain a caseload of inmates with the primary purpose of
resolving daily living issues before they expand into significant
- Make daily rounds through assigned units talking with staff and
inmates, observing operations and interactions between staff and
inmates in the unit, ensuring the unit is operating in a safe and
secure manner and anticipates situations.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with inmates regarding grievance or
potential grievance matters and resolve the situation within the
framework of policy. CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE -
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- One year of correctional officer experience required; two or
more years experience preferred.
- Additional education may be substituted for the experience on a
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
Keywords: CoreCivic, Augusta , Correctional Counselor - Jenkins, Other , Millen, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!