Company: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a Buyer in
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical
services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro's success is based on our
customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and
innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our
services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and
efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Managed Support Services, LLC (MSS) is a joint venture between ATA
Services, Inc. (ATA) and Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
(Navarro). MSS provides staff augmentation services to Savannah
River Remediation (SRR) in Aiken, SC.
Prepares, reviews, and issues high value procurement proposals to
include planning and executing all necessary transactions,
identifying, and resolving complex customer and supplier issues,
and preparing and analyzing all necessary supporting documentation.
Researches and participates in the development of complex technical
specifications and requirements. Develops and maintains reliable
and cost competitive sources of supply.
The responsibilities provided below are intended to describe the
primary elements of the job as a whole and not describe any one
position in its entirety.
* Safety is a primary responsibility in each job performed. Obtain
safety training, obey safety rules, and make safety an integral
part of each task. Take the necessary steps to stop work if
continuing the job is unsafe or will create an unsafe
* Keep up-to-date on policies, procedures, and processes to ensure
procurement files are in compliance with SRR and SRS site
* Review and make recommended changes to SRR procurement policies
and procedures to ensure consistency and clarity.
* Prepare, review, issue, negotiate and administer procurement
packages in accordance with established policies and procedures;
identify and resolve customers and suppliers problematic concerns
while effecting competitive sources of supply to the highest
practical extent possible.
* Participate in specific training; attend meetings and lessons
learned for procurement buyers.
* Review and approve sole source justifications and emergency
* Review all procurement correspondence prior to issuance to
subcontractor or supplier.
* Review subcontracts prior to issuance to the Department of Energy
for Notice to Proceed and Consent to Award.
* Review procurement forms used to document transactions to ensure
consistency of operations or preclude procedural conflicts with
other functional organizations.
* Conduct market surveys, administer lease subcontracts, and
negotiate lease agreements.
* Plan and execute sound, logical and achievable purchase
strategies, and long term procurement programs to provide solutions
to complex acquisition problems.
* Resolve recurring supplier problems involving payments, quality,
* Develop and maintain reliable and cost competitive sources of
supply, while supporting the socioeconomic policies set forth by
Savannah River Remediation (SRR) and the Department of Energy
* Administer existing purchase orders/subcontracts including the
review of invoices to ensure 100% compliance to purchase
order/subcontract terms and conditions for invoice submittals.
* Identify and resolve often significant differences between SRR
and supplier objectives as well as customer requirements.
* Work with the Subcontract Technical Representatives (STRs) on
subcontract activities that may include resolution of issues raised
by STRs, DOE, management, subcontractors, program compliance,
procedures development, and training.
Keywords: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc., Augusta , Buyer, Other , Aiken, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!