Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS)- Per Diem
Company: Agape Care Group
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Agape Care is the leading hospice and palliative care provider
in South Carolina, serving all 46 counties across the state. In
early 2020, Agape Hospice and Hospice Care of South Carolina
combined to form Agape Care to expand its patient services by
combining both care providers into one organization. The combined
organization has over 900 employees and cares for more than 1,500
patients. Though we have a new name, our team is the same and we
provide the same exceptional care you have come to expect from us.
Hands of Hope is our pediatric care program, which offers
palliative and concurrent care for any child managing a
life-limiting illness. Our care is provided by the only nationally
board-certified interdisciplinary pediatric team in South Carolina.
Through our compassionate care model, Hands of Hope provides
support for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of
children and their families so they can focus on what matters
most.The Child Life Specialist is a qualified professional that
provides skilled social services to patients on an intermittent
basis in the home. These Child Life Specialist services are
performed in accordance with the physician's orders, plan of care,
and are coordinated with other team members.
- Assesses patients to identify the psychosocial, financial and
environmental needs of patients as evidenced by documentation,
clinical records, case conferences, team report, call-in logs, and
on-sit e evaluation.
- Makes the initial Child Life Specialist evaluation visit and
re-evaluates the patient's Child Life Specialist needs during each
- Communicates significant findings, problems, and changes in
condition or environment to the Supervisor, the physician and/or
other personnel involved with patient care.
- Reports unsafe conditions and the outcome of each visit to the
appropriate Supervisor as appropriate by the end of the day.
- Implements the plan for patient safety, using the patient,
family, and community resources.
- Participates in implementation and developmentof the Plan of
Care to ensure quality and continuity of care and proper discharge
- Verifies the Plan of Care prior to each visit and provides care
according to physician's orders, assessment data, and established
standards and guidelines.
- Initiates and revises the Plan of Care in response to
identified patient care issues.
- Writes physician orders to cover additional visits and changes
to the plan of care, per agency policy.
- Incorporates patient care goals established in the plan of
care, as evidenced by documentation in clinical note.
- Performs appropriate skilled services/interventions in
accordance with accepted standards of practice and certified by the
- Counsels and instructs and includes the patient and family in
following the Plan of Care and meeting Child Life Specialist and
- Assures the continuity of quality patientcare delivered.
- Maintains communication with clinical staff providing updates
and changes in schedules, patient data or needs, physician orders
or special instructions.
- Participates in patient care conferences offering clinical
- Assures clinical notes indicate continuing communicationand
coordination of services with physician, other staff and
- Demonstrates effective time management skills by completing
patient assignment within projected time frame and arriving to
appointments on schedule.
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliancewith requirements
of third party payor.
- Ensures that all clinical notes, supply log/visit log are
accurate and turned into office according to office policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current status of requirements of
third party payer, by identifying and reporting potential
payment/coverage problems to the appropriate Patient Care Manager.
(This includes but is not limited to Medicare, Blue Cross/Blue
Shield, Medicaid and other 3rd party companies.)
- Demonstrates commitment, and professional growth.
- Attends all required in-service programs within the review year
as assigned by Supervisor. Independently obtains CEU's as required
by licensure and provides a copy of same to human resources
- Promotes the Agency philosophy, mission statement and
administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
- Maintains patient & staff privacy and confidentiality at all
times pursuant to the HIPAA Privacy Final Rule.
- Provides positive, supportive communication to physicians,
patients, families, visitors, and other agency personnel.
- Maintains availability by phone as directed by company
- Promotes Agency image by adhering to the dress code.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
- Reports to work and patient homes promptly as directed.
- Handles the personal property of patients and their families
- Follows all infection control guidelines and standards per
- Meets minimum productivity requirements based on agency
- Abides by company policy and procedures as outlined by company
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.Minimum
Qualifications/Requirements:EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in relevant
field and CCLS certification from the Child Life Council.LICENSURE:
-Current CCLS certificationEXPERIENCE: 2 year Child Life Specialist
experience in a healthcare setting.SKILLS: Child Life Specialist
skills as defined as generally accepted Child Life Specialist
standards. Requires excellent verbal and written communication
skills with strong interpersonal skills.TRANSPORTATION: Reliable
transportation.HEALTH STATUS: -Meets all applicable agency policies
and procedures related to health screening and required
testing.Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:1. Complete
required work on a daily basis.2. Cope with work involving ill,
disabled, and dying patients.3. Sit, stand, bend, lift, and move
intermittently. (Must be able to lift 80-100lbs)4. Move equipment
and supplies necessary for job functions.5. Read, speak and write
English in order to fulfill job functions in an understandable
way.6. See/hear or use prosthetics that enable accomplishment of
job.7. Meet the health requirements of the agency.8. May have
possible exposure to infectious diseases.9. Abide by all
occupational safety and bloodborne pathogen protocol to minimize
illness and/or injury.10. Move, support and/or transfer patients as
required to perform essential functions of position.
Keywords: Agape Care Group, Augusta , Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS)- Per Diem, Other , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!