Company: Doctors Hospital of Augusta
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the PRN career opportunities
as a Patient Transporter you want with your current employer? We
have an exciting opportunity for you to join Doctors Hospital of
Augusta which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsDoctors Hospital of
Augusta, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a Patient Transporter where your passion for creating
positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and
QualificationsThe Transporter efficiently and effectively
transports patients, patient belongings, prosthetics and equipment
to required appropriate locations within the facility following
standard safety, hospital and department policies. The Transporter
is a highly visible role in the hospital therefore you must always
greet and offer assistance to customers throughout your work
day.What you will do in this role:
- You will assist clinical personnel in transferring patients to
and from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers.
- You will transport patients safely in wheelchair, stretcher or
ambulating facing forward, side rails up and at a safe pace.
- You will utilize appropriate positioning aides/devices to
provide safety and comfort to the patient.
- You will be responsible for the transporting of items with the
patient or separately such as oxygen or IV stands.
- You will maintain therapeutic communication with patient.
- You will assist in departmental cleaning and maintenance of
- You will assist in the movement of medical equipment within the
- You will transport specimen, lab and pharmacy items, and
equipment.What qualifications you may need:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red
Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is
- Prior Healthcare and/or Customer Service experience preferred
Doctors Hospital of Augusta has
provided quality healthcare services since 1973. We give patient's
access to trained physicians and advanced technology. With nearly
50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 350+ bed hospital is one of
the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a wide range
of services for our patients. Our services include our nationally
recognized Burn Center and Cancer Center, accredited by the
American College of Surgeons. We are Chest Pain Accredited. We have
earned the Joint Commission's certificate of distinction for total
hip and total knee replacement and spinal fusion surgery and are
the only CARF accredited facility in the area.
At Doctors Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our
patients, our people and our Augusta community. We are committed to
each other because when we join together, our patients are cared
for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
""Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Patient Transporter opening. We review all
applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status
Keywords: Doctors Hospital of Augusta, Augusta , Patient Transporter, Other , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!