Spring Openings! CDL Drivers $16- $20
Company: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Equal Opportunity Employer:
LOOKING FOR A NEW CAREER? Seeking a position where you can do LOCAL
TRAVEL? Do you enjoy doing work not just behind the wheel? Looking
for a company that values SAFETY FIRST? Are you tired of doing the
same thing and looking for an OPPORTUNITY TO GROW? IF THIS SOUNDS
LIKE YOU, WASTE MANAGEMENT HAS THE PERFECT MATCH FOR YOU! ACCEPTING
APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING OPENINGS.
WM offers amazing benefits, stability and career advancement. We
are looking for proud, caring and resilient people to join the
Waste Management family which are the foundation for our
ABOUT WASTE MANAGEMENT
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, Recognition and Rewards and more! AND
WE OFFER WEEKLY PAYCHECKS! Our employees also receive Paid
Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits
may vary by site.
Pay: $16.00/hr - $20/hr based on relevant waste industry
Benefits after 90 days!
Residential Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible
for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable
material. Driver will transport the material to a disposal,
transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity.
Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments.
Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways,
alleyways, and lots. DRIVERS GET IN AND OUT OF THE TRUCK EACH STOP
to empty cans. This is a VERY PHYSICAL position. Residential
drivers are vital to our community and they are a neighborhood
staple for residents. Being ON TIME IS ESSENTIAL and they are TEAM
ORIENTED to ensure customers are serviced.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday- Friday, 5 day work week, early morning
start. Schedules are 10-12 hour work days. Overtime is allowed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the following tasks.
* Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and
Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and
DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all
local, state and federal laws.
* Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and
documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle
Inspection Report). .
* Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related
issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
* Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs,
briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed
by the Route Manager.
* Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies
and identify best practices.
* Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or
* Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions
including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles
too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
* Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
* Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer s
location clean and free of debris.
* Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day
documentation and check out process.
* Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and
assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
* Experience: 1 YEAR OF EXPERIENCE OPERATING A VEHICLE REQUIRING A
CDL OR EQUIVALENT MILITARY DRIVING WITHIN THE LAST 7 YEARS.
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Legally eligible to work in the United States
* Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an
* Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical,
and background check, which will include previous employment check,
criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
* NEW DRIVERS WILL ATTEND 2 WEEKS TRAINING IN FLORIDA
* Preferred experience driving a MANUAL TRANSMISSION
* Waste or garbage industry experience a plus
* Beverage industry experience a plus
* DELIVERY, MERCHANT OR ROUTE CDL DRIVER EXPERIENCE A PLUS
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements,
and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
* Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a
video/GPS monitored vehicle
* This position is PHYSICALLY LOCATED AT THE WASTE MANAGEMENT SITE
IN AUGUSTA, GA.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click \\"Apply.
Keywords: WASTE MANAGEMENT, Augusta , Spring Openings! CDL Drivers $16- $20, Professions , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!