Company: GIW INDUSTRIES, INC.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To procure and plan international and domestic
commodities, raw materials, resale items, equipment, supplies, and
AUTHORITY: To procure within guidelines and policies materials,
supplies and services to m maintain an efficient and economic
operation of the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Procures raw materials, pump parts, castings, machining,
shafting, drive components, capital equipment, and other items as
delegated by the Purchasing Manager. Selects suppliers, evaluates
quality performance, and negotiates prices and terms. Implement
framework agreements with a focus on specific year over year cost
savings, inventory, and performance standards.
2. May manage one to three employees responsible for their
negotiations, training, and evaluations.
3. Works closely with plants and supplier to ensure optimal
quantities and timely delivery of products.
4. Primary interface with KSB Category Manager(s). Improve
involvement with category managers in purchasing. Push for
gathering sourcing insights and leveraging their experience with
international suppliers to improve our supply base in North
5. Work experience with international and long lead time supply
6. Review and validate daily purchase requests for accuracy and
completeness of information. Formulate technical requests for
supplier bids, review and analyze supplier bid proposals
identifying best fit per production schedule or technical
requirements, and ability to negotiate and secure competitive
pricing and best lead time.
7. Negotiates contracts, pricing, lead-times, and cost effective
logistics and advising Purchasing Manager of changes in prices,
deliveries, suppliers, etc., and ability to show metrics and
indices. Develop policies to insert purchasing in the pathway to
prevent contract negotiations and signed documents from being
released to a vendor.
8. Ability to assess yearly product demands and work with suppliers
to develop and implement cost reduction and cost avoidance
programs. Develop new methods to reduce cost. Supplier programs can
include stocking or consignment agreements, extended payment terms,
volume rebates, early payment rebates, and ability to effectively
review and evaluate supplier agreements.
9. Works with Inventory Management and supplier for optimal lot
sizes. Work with transportation management to develop low cost
10. Tracks, manages and resolves supplier related issues that
impact quality, cost and schedule. Takes action to reduce and
eliminate late deliveries.
11. Reconciles and approves payment to suppliers for materials
and/or services rendered.
12. Assists team and other departments in the investigation of
purchase related data and/or issues. Assists with writing scope of
work requirements for purchases. Responsible for larger projects
for the Purchasing Department.
13. Negotiates adjustment with suppliers when problems arise.
14. Monitors supplier's quality and performance according to the
Supplier Certification, ISO Policies and Procedures, and Continuous
Improvement Program. Supports Sourcing in establishing, maintaining
and improving vendor qualification as well as approved vendor
15. Resolves and processes assigned Non-Conformance Issues with
16. Performs Supplier Audits and yearly review in accordance with
GIW and KSB procedures.
17. Responsible for all SAP master data input and integrity related
to assigned commodities (e.g., material master, purchasing
information records, and source records)
18. Responsible for the country of origin certification of assigned
commodities updating Export/Import Compliance Manager
19. Coordinates design engineering changes required for purchased
materials. Expedites and follows up on purchase order status,
design changes, and material master data.
20. Analytical problem solving with root cause analysis skills
21. SAP Key User as assigned
22. Travel may be required.
23. Performs other duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE LEVELS
--- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or
University or equivalent combination of education and experience in
Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration, or Engineering
--- MBA or equivalent Masters Level degree preferred
--- Six to ten years' proven purchasing experience, preferably
within a manufacturing or related environment
--- Analytical skills including ability to problem solve, manage
shifting deadlines and priorities in fast paced environment
--- Ability to add value, reduce costs, and make business
--- Ability to independently organize, direct, and coordinate
manufacturing purchasing programs
--- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships
with Suppliers, Internal Customers, and co-workers and to present
ideas effectively, orally, and in writing
--- General knowledge of general accounting principles, product
costing, internal accounting controls, and financial analysis
--- General knowledge of manufacturing MRP/ERP systems,
manufacturing processes, supply chain management, contract
administration, contract negotiation skills, planning, inventory
control, quality control, project management, and
--- Effective verbal and written communication skills
--- Proficient use of SAP or equivalent ERP, Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and Outlook computer programs
--- Efficient organization and time-management skills
--- Experience in cross-functional/cross-business team
--- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills at all levels
--- C.P.M., CPSM, or APICs certification a plus.
GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) is an equal opportunity
employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the
workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind
based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other
protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local
This policy applies to all employment practices within our
organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training,
and apprenticeship. GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) makes
hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and
business needs at the time.
Keywords: GIW INDUSTRIES, INC., Augusta , Senior Buyer, Professions , Grovetown, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!