Outside Sales - Transportation Industry
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Serves customers by selling products; meeting customer
Our client is a growing manufacturing company in the transportation
sector seeking an experienced, motivated Sales Representative to
interact with clients and prospects, assisting them with their need
for the products we offer. We're looking for a professional who can
quickly absorb and retain product knowledge. The successful
candidate will take over management of the assigned territory. The
ability to work well in a fast-paced environment is a must. If you
love a challenge and have a working knowledge of tarping systems
and the trucking industry, we have a home for you.
Sales Representative Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new
accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on
existing or potential sales outlets and other trade
- Adjust content of sales presentations by studying the type of
sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focused sales effort by studying existing and potential markets
and volume of dealers.
- Submit orders through Quick Books sales software and the
provided database of price lists and product descriptions.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results
reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly
and annual territory analyses-forecasts-budgets.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace
information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules,
merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by
evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems;
developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to
- Provide historical records by maintaining records on area and
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows,
and telemarketing events.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and
Sales Representative Skills and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience: 3+ years' direct outside sales experience, 4+
years' retail experience a plus
- Goal oriented with ability to formulate, establish, execute,
analyze, and evaluate the results of goals set forth by the sales
representative as well as those of the sales organization and the
company as a whole.
- Closing Skills with the ability to establish needs, ability to
fulfill needs and identification, as well as elimination of
hindrances of the order being placed.
- Territory management of knowing the clients and prospects
within your territory and how to effectively and frequently reach
- Prospecting skills
- Negotiation skills
- Product Knowledge
- Establishment and fostering of client relationships
- Motivation and desire to sale
- Ability to translate complicated technical jargon for the
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills are required with
ability to create, compose, and edit written materials including
formal proposals and business correspondence.
- Presentation skills and the ability to develop and deliver
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion
- Maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive
company image to the public.
- Requires significant regional and local travel to current
clients and prospects necessitating possession of a valid state
- Effective Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and
communication skills with the ability speak to customers about a
product's different features and answer any questions they might
have without being condescending or demeaning.
- Excellent computer skills, high level of proficiency with the
Microsoft office suite.
Persistence: Not every customer is going to be a sale. Being able
to bounce back if you lose a sale will be key for this job.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Augusta , Outside Sales - Transportation Industry, Professions , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!