Electrical Maintenance Technician
Company: Pactiv Evergreen - North America
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Hiring Immediately! -This position is for Pactiv Evergreen
Inc.Job Description:The Electro-Mechanic is the front line
"reactive" individual trouble-shooter and systems analyzer.
Candidate must have electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and
mechanical knowledge that allows a comprehensive and thorough
understanding of process and electrical controls. Strong
manufacturing background with demonstrated mechanical aptitude and
process troubleshooting skills required. Ability to work
- Tasked with performing or assisting with all major and minor
electrical repairs including 480V 3-phase motor
repairs/installation, motor starter circuit repairs, VFD drives,
photo-optic sensing devices, proximity switches, E-Stop circuitry,
and ground fault detection in accordance to the guidelines
established by Pactiv's "Electrical Safety Program"
- Utilize precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and
testing instruments (Amp meter, Ohm meter, testing lamp, megger,
etc.) for electrical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and basic electrical
- Understand electrical theory including basic ohms-law
- Troubleshoot difficult maintenance problems that occur
throughout the plant with a major emphasis on electrical problems,
to include A.C. and D.C. drives, PLC (programmable logic
controllers) as well as basic motor control circuits.Mechanical
- Basic mechanical skills with pneumatics and hydraulic systems.
Clean, lubricate, and adjust equipment when needed.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical devices and apparatus with skills
in repairing mechanical equipment.
- Examine mechanical equipment to diagnose problems. Disassemble,
repair/replace and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment
including such devices as motors, conveyors, pumps, belts, chains,
- Read mechanical prints and technical data during the
installation and repair of equipment. In addition, the ability to
read and interpret PI&D drawings.Job Requirements:
- Qualified candidates require either a 2-year Industrial
Electrical Degree or 1-2 years' equivalent experience in an
- Able to operate forklift and high-lift equipment, welding
- High degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven
ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on electro-mechanical
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.You should be
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
Keywords: Pactiv Evergreen - North America, Augusta , Electrical Maintenance Technician, Professions , Jackson, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!