Civil Construction Field Engineer I
Company: Savannah River Mission Completion
Posted on: January 25, 2023
1159BRAuto req ID:1159BRJob description:Savannah River Mission
Completion (SRMC) is seeking a C ivil Construction Field Engineer I
to be based in our Aiken, SC location on the Savannah River Site
(SRS).Apply online using a current resume under the careers section
of Savannah River Mission Completion (SRMC)
(http://www.srsimcc.com/)The Civil Construction Field Engineer I
provides engineering support for facility/project related
construction activities. Responsible for assigned construction
engineering activities from conception through implementation to
turnover, ensuring activities are executed in a safe manner and
performed within schedule and budget.
- Supports design planning meetings and walk downs. Provides
basic conceptual design and constructability reviews using
fundamental engineering principles. Follows up on design packages
- Supports construction schedule development (i.e. scope,
material quantities, testing etc.)
- Provide basic support in coordination of design/construction to
resolve design problems following specific detailed instructions.
Recommends design change options.
- Performs material takeoff and develops Bills of Material (BOM)
or Material Service Requests (MSR) based on issued design. Provides
material tracking service to help ensure timely receipt. Supports
verification of received material to ensure compliance to design
requirements (type and quantity).
- Performs/supports walk downs with applicable personnel to
formulate work package planning and hazard identification.
- Performs basic hazard analysis and develops Hazard Analysis
plans per site procedural requirements. Assists in formulation of
hazard mitigation plans.
- Develops Work Packages per site procedural requirements.
Assists in expediting work package approvals. Assembles Work
Packages with applicable instructions, permits, documents,
supporting information, etc. Supports/makes field changes to
construction work packages as needed.
- Maintains a current status of assigned construction work
- Participates in pre-job briefs (supports) to ensure workers and
support organizations understand scope, hazards, mitigations and
- Generates basic field fabrication sketches, weld maps,
- Monitors field activities and provides field support to crafts
during implementation. Provides support for resolution of issues
through direct interface with workers and/or supervisors and
coordinates with support organizations. May provide direction to
- Performs field inspection support to ensure compliance to
design specifications (materials, configuration), procedures,
guides and National Codes and Standards, as required.
- Ensures design or code required Non Destructive Examination
(NDE) is complete and acceptable. Ensures proper M&TE use and
- Monitors acceptance testing for assurance that design and code
testing is complete and acceptable. Provides documentation of
- Reviews work packages for closure ensuring all work is
signed-off as complete and acceptable. Routes work packages for
final closure review.
- Develops construction Turnover Packages of small to medium
scope per applicable procedures. Conducts and/or supports turnover
walk downs to ensure compliance with design. Routes Turnover
Packages to appropriate repository for storage/archive.
- Assists with design/verification of temporary construction
structures (i.e. huts, support structures, etc.) and/or commodities
(i.e. unique tools, miscellaneous equipment, etc.) as requested by
facilities and/or management.
- Other duties as assigned.Country:United StatesTitle:Civil
Construction Field Engineer IBenefits details:SRMC offers a
competitive and comprehensive benefits package with flexibility to
meet your needs.Highlights of our plans include:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan 5% immediate company contribution,
additional matching for employee contributions
- Health Insurance and Prescription Drug Program
- Health Savings Account
- Telehealth with BlueCare on Demand
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Includes 160 hours annual paid time off (accrued monthly), plus
11 paid holidays
- Life and Accident Coverage
- Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition ReimbursementDoes this position come with
CarolinaAddress line 1:Savannah River Site (SRS)Pay
frequency:MonthlyAbout us:Savannah River Mission Completion (SRMC),
a prime contractor for the US Department of Energy, is responsible
for managing the Department of Energys Savannah River Sites Liquid
Waste operations contract. Located in Aiken, South Carolina, SRMC
is a limited liability company formed by nuclear operations and
environmental remediation global leaders BWXT, Amentum, and Fluor.
The SRMC Team is responsible for the closure of waste tanks, the
operation of the Savannah River Sites Defense Waste Processing
Facility, tank farm operations and associated production and
disposal facilities. www.srsimcc.comMinimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related technical/science
discipline and some (e.g. internships) practical experience in
construction engineering or construction experienceOR
- A High school diploma/GED and 6+ years combination of secondary
education and/or practical construction experience.EEO
statement:SRMC, is committed to equal employment opportunity to
employees and qualified applicants regardless of their race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, status as a parent, sexual orientation,
or genetics. Our equal employment opportunity policies encompass
all aspects of the employment relationship, including application
and hiring, promotion and transfer, selection for training
opportunities, wage and salary administration.
Keywords: Savannah River Mission Completion, Augusta , Civil Construction Field Engineer I, Professions , Aiken, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!