Company: GIW Industries, Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
REPORTS TO: Inventory Control Manager PURPOSE OF POSITION: To
assist in the management of inventories (supplies, materials, and
products) to ensure that GIW employees have access to the materials
they need and customers demand is satisfied with minimum
investment. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SELF-PERFORMED:
- Understands GIW products, services, material and inventory
classifications, applications, valuations, and business
transactions from the reception to shipment and obsolescence of
- Remain current with the latest inventory management and
material handling tools, technology, and procedures.
- Monitors inventory levels for all stockyard locations and
requests changes as needed.
- Responsible for all plants stock level reports, deeply
analyzing the data and suggesting changes to improve overall
inventory health. Maintain additional strategic inventory reports
- Assist in the development and implementation of Supply Chain /
Inventory Management initiatives that support overall company
- Responsible for the review of defined product groups for all
stock yards and makes suggestions to production and purchasing on
- Maintains a close working relationship with Product Management
on new product roll out and disposition of excess inventory.
- Submits material requests to purchasing for vendor
- Identifies potential areas for inventory discrepancies and
reports to Inventory Control Manager.
- Dispositions of excess project stock by monitoring with
production scheduling through the OCM process.
- Responsible for writing, keeping and updating inventory related
- Suggest innovative ideas for Digitalization of inventory and
- Makes suggestions about new warehousing and receiving process
- Responsible for maintaining SAP Material Master Data.
- Responsible developing and maintaining KANBAN
- Works closely with purchasing department for any inventory
- Assists in the analysis of inventory categories (raw materials,
stock room materials, WIP, and finished goods) for all GIW stock
keeping locations. The results of this monthly analyses include but
are not limited to demand and usage patterns, on hand levels, aging
inventory measured by last ship year, early warning indicators for
potential stock outs, inventory turns and days sales inventory
(DSI), aging inventory to identify slow moving and obsolete
- In-depth understanding of the inventory and replenishment
- Collaborates closely with the Inventory Control Manager and
assists in conducting weekly inventory cycle counts with Grovetown
Warehouse Manager, evaluates cycle count results, and develops
action plans to improve inventory accuracy and maintain defined
Goals and Objectives. Communicates those with Inventory Control
Manager and Warehouse Manager.
- Assists in Planning and coordinating of the annual physical
inventory count of all finished, WIP, and raw materials, plus stock
at individual warehouses at least yearly.
- Assists in the execution of the Physical Inventory Prep plan
across all plants.
- Demonstrates knowledge on all aspects of SAP directly related
to developing and managing inventory levels.
- Travel maybe required up to 20% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned. AUTHORITY: Access to all information
needed to carry out assigned duties. Assists in changing all stock
levels in SAP including creating, changing, and deleting stock
levels with guidance from the Inventory Control Manager. Access to
all needed master data requirements to perform job duties.
EDUCATION: Minimum Associates degree or equivalent from an
accredited two year college, Business bachelors degree preferred
CREDENTIALS: SAP certification, APICS certification, e.g. CPIM
preferred KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 to 5 years plus of
stable work history in a mid-size Supply Chain/Manufacturing
department in a high tech, custom manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP / ECC 6.0 desired, particularly PP, WM and
- Strong production planning and inventory control theory
- Strong mathematical skills
- High communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS tools, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Must be able to strive in a fast paced, demanding environment
GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) is an equal opportunity
employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the
workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind
based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other
protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local
laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our
organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training,
and apprenticeship. GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) makes
hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and
business needs at the time. PI201108231
Keywords: GIW Industries, Inc, Augusta , Inventory Planner, Professions , Grovetown, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!