Building Facilities Technician
Company: GIW INDUSTRIES, INC.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Building Facilities TechnicianGIW INDUSTRIES, INC. Job Title:
Building Facilities TechnicianDepartment: Thomson Service
CenterReports to: Service Center Operations Manager Location:
ThomsonShift: 1st Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Facilities safety policies
and procedures, perform all work according to policies and
procedures, and assist others in interpretation of safety policies
and procedures related to facilities and equipment and
- Understand Facilities environmental policies/procedures and how
they relate to performance of daily duties.
- Maintain high standards of quality and workmanship in
performance of all duties.
- Repairs, modifies, constructs, fabricates, installs and
maintains building structures and equipment, (e.g. roofs, floors,
walls, ceilings, foundations, generators, HVAC equipment,
compressors, etc.) to provide safe conditions for employees, using
various hand and power tools (e.g. roto rooter, snakes, welders,
oxygen/acetylene torches, volt/ohm meters, ladders, etc.).
- Replaces or updates inoperable or old building materials and
appliances (e.g. motors, belts, pumps, window glass, sinks, doors,
smoke alarms, cabinets, shelves, tile, light fixtures, filter
systems, patios etc.) to provide a safe, comfortable working
environment for employees using various tools and materials (e.g.
welding equipment, ladders, power saws, hammers, drills,
- Paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls,
refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom
facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion
and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various
painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers,
brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices
and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage
bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and
maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty
tools, dollies and hand trucks
- Acts as the primary contact for all personnel for any
building/grounds issues around the Admin area.
- Completion of work orders and other required documentation
using CMMS software.
- Other duties as assigned by direct manager. Experience:
- Five or more years of applicable experience in facility
- Layout, fabrication and carpentry
- Building Electrical systems
- Building Lighting systems
- Building Plumbing systems
- Fire protection systems and controls
- Plant security systems
- Forklifts and other mobile equipment
- Experience in organizing and planning is a must. Must be
proactive, able to work in a team, able to work horizontally across
team boundaries, adaptable, goal oriented and assertive.
- General building maintenance and basic construction
- Candidate must have ability and desire to grow. Flexibility and
ability to adapt to changes in work schedule to meet departmental
needs, and work well under pressure are necessary.
- Must be able to communicate written and oral. Be able to
understand, respect and reconcile different views and demands
- Must be flexible in responding to changes in schedules and job
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision to
accomplish tasks in efficient and timely manner. Education: Tech
School diploma or apprenticeship in carpentry and/or electrical
maintenance or equivalent education and experience. Physical
- Standing, walking, sitting, bending, squatting, stooping
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling
- Overhead work
- Climbing ladders or stairs
- Driving forklifts
- Operating cranes GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) is an
equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information,
pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by
federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all
employment practices within our organization, including hiring,
recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of
absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. GIW
Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) makes hiring decisions based
solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Keywords: GIW INDUSTRIES, INC., Augusta , Building Facilities Technician, Professions , Thomson, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...