Company: GIW Industries
Posted on: May 28, 2023
GIW Industries Reports To: Maintenance Shift Team LeaderDuties
- Maintain a thorough understanding of plant safety policies and
procedures and perform all work according to policies and
- Understand plant environmental policies/procedures and how they
relate to performance of daily duties.
- Maintain high standards of quality and workmanship in
performance of all duties.
- Drive every issue to a root cause failure, or root cause of
- Proficient use of electrical multimeter, megger, amprobe, and
other similar instruments in proper situations combined with in
depth mechanical knowledge to achieve root cause failures.
- Installation and startup of new manufacturing or support
equipment including preparation of foundations, assembly of
equipment per manufacturers drawings, leveling and alignment of
equipment or components using appropriate tools and instruments,
and startup and adjustment of equipment.
- Only change parts when necessary, using skill and craftsmanship
to make timely and robust repairs with more readily available
- Diagnose and repair electrical malfunctions on plant and
manufacturing equipment including finding and replacing blown
fuses, repairing damaged wiring, and replacing defective
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions of CNC, PLC machine controls,
motor controls, AC/DC drive controls, oven temperature controls,
gas burner controls, induction furnace controls, and other common
industrial control and instrumentation devices.
- Bench repair/rebuild of electrical equipment components.
- DESIGN, Layout, fitting, and installation of conduit, cable
trays and other common industrial wiring systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on and inspection of plant and
manufacturing equipment per documented procedures and methods.
- Assist with developing preventive maintenance schedules and
procedures for equipment using OEM equipment manuals and component
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions of building electrical and
lighting systems and perform preventive maintenance per documented
procedures and methods.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions and perform routine
maintenance on forklifts and other mobile equipment.
- Plan material requirements, layout, and fabricate tools,
components or other assemblies per drawings or per functional
requirements using common materials including metals, plastics,
etc. and common methods including welding, bolting, etc.
- Bench repair/rebuild of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
- Layout, fitting, and installation of screwed or welded piping
components and systems.
- Have a functional understanding of and the ability to diagnose
and repair common malfunctions of CNC machine controls.
- Entry-level operation of machine tool job shop equipment,
including mills, lathes, surface grinders, etc
- Ability to measure to .0005.
- Diagnose and repair electrical aspect of mechanical, hydraulic,
and pneumatic equipment malfunctions of all plant and manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to identify and implement
improvements in materials, methods, processes, etc. which
contribute to profitability.
- Other duties as assigned by Maintenance Shift Team Leaders.
Experience: 4 years industrial maintenance experience Education:
2-year technical degree in industrial maintenance or equivalent
combination of training and experience Physical Requirements:
- Standing, walking, sitting, bending, squatting, stooping
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling
- Overhead work
- Climbing ladders or stairs
- Driving forklifts
- Operating cranes GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) is an
equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information,
pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by
federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all
employment practices within our organization, including hiring,
recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of
absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. GIW
Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) makes hiring decisions based
solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Keywords: GIW Industries, Augusta , Electrician II, Professions , Augusta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...