Pump Sales Engineer
Company: GIW INDUSTRIES, INC.
Posted on: August 5, 2022
" xmlns=" "> PUMP SALES ENGINEER INQUIRIES AND QUOTATIONS GIW
INDUSTRIES, INC. Job Title: Pump Sales Engineer Department: Sales
Reports to: Commerical Manager Inquiries and Quatations Location:
Grovetown Shift: 1 st PURPOSE OF POSITION: Evaluate inquiries and
make commercial and technical proposals for pumps and related
equipment, in harmony with GIW commercial and technical guidelines.
Assist GIW Sales Personnel in preparing and submitting quotations,
bid clarification meetings, review orders, prepare order entry
documents for Order Entry process, and assist in hand-off of orders
to Project Management. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare quotations to meet the following criteria:
- Quotation is technically sound
- Meets customers specification and expectation.
- GIW technical application standards, practices and procedures
- Quotation is commercially sound
- Commercial terms and conditions are reviewed and deviations to
GIW conditions are analyzed and negotiated when needed.
- Financial and legal liabilities are minimized.
- Quotation is economically sound
- Uses most current available costing data.
- Apply most current procedures to establish costs (even when
cost information is unavailable from Finance or Product
- Document cost and source of cost for each quotation.
- Quotation is qualitatively sound
- Is submitted on time as agreed when inquiry was accepted.
Communicate potential delays along reasons with customer ahead of
- Is commensurate to specific customer and industry (consider
cultural, geographical, and industry differences).
- Consult with field sales personnel and Marketing personnel to
gather information about competitive product offering and price
levels, which will enable GIW to optimize resource loading and
potential profits as well as conduct strategic actions against
- Provide feedback to improve quotation process.
- Gather and document quotation experiences and lessons learned
throughout the course of quotation activities. Help implement these
best practices to generate qualified quotations.
- Advise of required support and information based on market and
customer requirements from other departments in the organization.
This information should facilitate the quotation process to
increase productivity, quality, and reduce response times.
- Other duties as assigned. EXPERIENCE:
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 5
years experience in pump applications, preferably slurry pump
applications; however, candidates with 1-3 years experience will
also be considered.
- Experience with pumps, othe rotating machinering, and
commercial training is desireable. EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors of Science Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of current mining industry (slurry/water pumps)
business practices will be advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of current slurry/water pump and
drive train application including customers applications and
processes will be advantageous.
- In depth knowledge of MS Excel, Access, Word. Will need to
become proficient with in house computer programs. Computer skills
and aptitude are essential.
- Able to negotiate with outside sales, customers and vendors,
domestic and internationally.
- Occasional domestic and international travel. Must be
proactive, team focused, goal oriented and assertive. Must be
willing to continuously acquire new skills in slurry transport,
customer applications, capital equipment technology, business
administration and software tools. Flexibility and ability to adapt
to changes in work schedule to meet departmental needs, and work
well under pressure, are essential. GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB
Company) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color,
sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected
characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This
policy applies to all employment practices within our organization,
including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and
apprenticeship. GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) makes hiring
decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs
at the time.
Keywords: GIW INDUSTRIES, INC., Augusta , Pump Sales Engineer, Sales , Grovetown, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!