Embedded Software Team Lead
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Team Lead Embedded Software Engineer - Direct Hire - Williston,
SCVolt Workforce Solutions is seeking a Team Lead Software Engineer
for our client in Williston, SC. We know you have choices, however
Volt has been named as Forbes Best Staffing Agency for 2020, so let
us take care of you! Apply today!As a Team Lead Software Engineer
with the Vending Software Development Team, you will help develop
its next generation Intelligent Vending System. Experience in
developing system software for Linux-based embedded computers is
required. Experience leading a small team of developers is
required. This position is suited to an experienced Software
Engineer with a background in device-based systems software with
the experience and the aptitude to perform development of new
products into systems for the vending industry. Excellent skills in
communicating, leadership, and Linux embedded software engineering
are all required to be successful in this
- Lead a team of Software Engineers to complete scheduled tasks
- Work with Software and electronics manager and project managers
to determine tasks, assign priorities, assign resources, determine
schedules, and report progress.
- Mentor team members, ensure tasks are well defined and ensure
tasks are completed as expected.
- Perform the following tasks as needed
- Applications Software Architecture & Development for Embedded
Linux Devices. Development of systems software for user-facing
requirements, embedded system controls, internal messaging bus, and
peripheral interfacing as required.
- Produce thorough and detailed design documentation, including
systems architecture and module interfaces/interactions using UML
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Master's degree in
Computer Science or Software Engineering highly recommended plus
5-10 years C/C++ software development experience from device-level
to application-level, with a focus on C++ and Linux.
- 5 Years experience in leading a small team of remote and on
site developers is required.
- Experience managing defect reports, and managing source code
via merging/branching is required. Experience with Trac, Jira is a
- Experience using version control tools Subversion and GIT
required. Understanding and experience in brunching strategies is
desired. Experience with Gerrit is a plus.
- C/C++ development within an embedded multi-threaded environment
Knowledge of internet-based protocols and server-to-device
interfacing using SOAP, HTTP, Web Services, REST, and XML
- Must have strong development and debugging skills with the GCC,
Make tool chain.
- Deep understanding Yocto build system is great plus.
- Eclipse experience viewed favorably. Good working knowledge of
"cross" tool chains, target debugging, and dynamic memory
usage/analysis in an embedded environmentSubmit your resume today
for immediate consideration! Sorry,W2 only; no third party or Corp
to Corp will be considered.If you do not meet all the
qualifications for this position, be sure to visit
http://jobs.volt.com to find other available positions that you may
qualify for.Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Volt, Augusta , Embedded Software Team Lead, Other , Williston, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!